Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there an airsoft AR-style rifle that has standard controls and isn't $1K?

Feedback Score

Is there an airsoft AR-style rifle that has standard controls and isn't $1K?

Sorry for the subject error. I can't change it. Should read, "has".

My Ar's are the guns I fire and maneuver with the least do to range issues.

I've looked into the .22LR and 9mm AR rifles for training but those options create issues too. (I think we know what they all are)

So I'm down to considering an airsoft rifle IF it has standard AR-ergonomics. Of course the nice thing is I can use it anywhere.

I've seen the top tier airsoft gun video's but they never really talk about the controls much and they are $1000. Nearly all of the reviews I find are from 12 year boys...

I don't care about it's accuracy and 6mm pellet performance. I want realism from the trigger, selector, charging handle, weight, mag release and magazine, and bolt hold open/release functions.

Anyone know of a decent one?

How about the Echo 1 M4? I see that one a lot.

Something under say $200?
    Last edited by Ron3; 03-14-16 at 15:49.

Feedback Score
    If you do not care if the rifle fires and are more just looking to practice manipulation and handling. Why not just purchase snap caps for your current ar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I looked at that Exho 1 on-line and only their platinum model said anything about having a tactical bolt latch (said it was 'realistic' ... ) whoa baby!

FWIW I too use snap-caps and a dedicated 22LR upper for such use. A bonus is that I can use the 22 version at my indoor ranges.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgizzard View Post
    If you do not care if the rifle fires and are more just looking to practice manipulation and handling. Why not just purchase snap caps for your current ar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought about this some more. It really would be better if the trigger would "work" and it simulated running out of ammo with a bolt hold open. I suppose for that to happen the gun would have to have some kind or ammo/discharge/electric or gas power.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty223 View Post
    I looked at that Exho 1 on-line and only their platinum model said anything about having a tactical bolt latch (said it was 'realistic' ... ) whoa baby!

FWIW I too use snap-caps and a dedicated 22LR upper for such use. A bonus is that I can use the 22 version at my indoor ranges.
    Thanks. I couldn't find review that really answered my questions...even though there are dozens of kids reviewing it...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ron3,

Take a look into the "KWA LM4". Gas powered and meets all the criteria you are looking for: bolt hold open, realistic weight, working charging handle, etc. etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The KWA LM4 is what I use to train my wife and kids. The controls, manipulation, scale, & weight are exactly like my real ARs. For the money, it was the best option I found available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TxRaptor View Post
    Ron3,

Take a look into the "KWA LM4". Gas powered and meets all the criteria you are looking for: bolt hold open, realistic weight, working charging handle, etc. etc.
    Wow that's cool! Yea, that's probably the one. It seems they go for about $400 and an extra magazine another $40.

I do have a question.

The cans of "green gas" go for about $10 each after shipping and will fill 30-40 round magazine twice is that about right?

If so then each shot is $.15, plus $.1 per 50 pellets ($11/5000) that is about $7.50 per 50 shots.
    Last edited by Ron3; 03-14-16 at 15:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A can of green gas should last you a few magazines easily. Never hurts to have a couple cans of it readily available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TxRaptor View Post
    A can of green gas should last you a few magazines easily. Never hurts to have a couple cans of it readily available.
    Yes, definitely buy a case at time type thing.

It's great that I could use it anywhere. Downside is a S&W 15/22 is the same price. Mags are half as much and ammo a little less, too. (by about 30%) Of course you get the accuracy and power too so you can shoot out to 25-50 yds on a pistol range. (Or of course, further where one can shoot at rifle ranges)

Those green gas guns are hearing safe, right?

And I'd guess precision is about 1 ft at 10 yds?
    Last edited by Ron3; 03-14-16 at 15:53.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast