Thread: Where's The Love For The M14?

Feedback Score
    Where's the love? Why it's right here:

11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    M14 is easy to fall in love with, but hard to get.

You have to be patient and wait for the right gun to become available, or assemble the parts and have it properly built on your own.

After that, you have to be honest with yourself about what it is, and where it's strengths and limitations lie.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    There's one sticky in this forum. No one talks about them. I was thinking of getting one and was surprised to see how little they are mentioned on this forum. Military issued, magazine fed, .308, used in matches, not bad prices for a .308. What's there not to like?
    There's probably not a lot of discussion here, because it's M4Carbine.net.

I would not look for a great deal of info about Toyota minivans on a Jeep off-road website. The same thought applies here.

That's not a smartasstic answer, just a realistic one.

Feedback Score
    I've wanted an LRB for some time now

I've also not been able to afford one for some time now

$3000+ for an M1a that is hard to mount optics (I think the best option is the m25 received LRB has) to versus less than $1000 for a PTR91 so I'd probably get the PTR first since the quality is decently good, the price is decently good, and HK roller lock derivatives look cool

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love the M14/M1A and have put thousands of rounds through them. It happens to be one of my favorite rifles. However, it is not nearly so sexy as the M4 carbine. And like SeriousStudent pointed out, this is M4carbine.net.
    Last edited by 48J; 03-14-16 at 21:56. Reason: Because I need a proof reader.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Where's the love? Why it's right here:

Transferable select-fire guns or on gov loan?

Feedback Score
    An M1A has been on my shortlist for quite some time now. A Fulton or similar gun would be nice, but realisticly with the gun will mainly be a range toy and collection piece for me, so I'll probably end up picking up a Springfield Loaded M1A and spare GI extractor. There are certainly lighter, more accurate, and more reliable .308 platforms out there, but the old M14 is just too damn cool for me to pass up.

Feedback Score
    My M1A loaded is one of my favorite rifles to shoot. I reload for it and a favorite hand load is 125tnt over 41.5 grains of imr 4895. 1moa in my rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    M14 is easy to fall in love with, but hard to get.

You have to be patient and wait for the right gun to become available, or assemble the parts and have it properly built on your own.

After that, you have to be honest with yourself about what it is, and where it's strengths and limitations lie.
    That's a nice looking rifle.

Feedback Score
    I sold my Springfield National Match a few years ago. Still the most accurate rifle I've ever owned. I'll put another one in the safe some day.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast