Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BAD Lightweight 5.45 Target Rifle

Feedback Score
    Took the rifle out to the firing range yesterday for her baptismal shooting session; breaking in the rifle's barrel and sighting in the Vortex scope. Well... the session was less than terrific. The rifle functioned wonderfully, except for the JP Enterprise silent captured buffer spring. I was firing Russian 7n6 ammo. Apparently, the OEM spring is just a wee-bit too stout for this particular rifle configuration. The bolt carrier would fail to catch/strip-off every third to fourth round from the magazine, and more than half of the time the bolt did not lock back on the magazine after the last round was fired. All symptoms of the buffer spring being too strong/heavy. I did not experience this issue with my Huldra Arms & AXTS Lower piston AR15 that has a JP silent captured buffer spring... but that rifle is carbine length and of course is comprised of other component parts.

Anyway, so there goes another $38+ for a JP Enterprise Alternate Spring Pack which contains five (5) buffer springs of different weights to tune the rifle's cycling rate.

Oh, and I found myself enjoying the tuning fork "twaannng" I was sensing from the B.E. Meyers 249F Flash Hider.

~Gary
    Last edited by Garys4598; 03-20-16 at 12:08.

Feedback Score
    >Isn't that Hornady stuff decently accurate? The 60gr Vmax rounds...

It shot like crap in my rifle. Back in the early '90's there were some East German bolt guns that were chambered for 5.45 and those were pretty decent shooting RWS 5.45 ammo. Haven't seen that around for long time.
    Wish Hornady would put out some brass cases in 5.45x39 for hand-loading...<sigh>
    "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil
    ... you know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Lt. Gen. James Mattis, USMC, former 1st Marine Division CO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vitiaz View Post
    >Isn't that Hornady stuff decently accurate? The 60gr Vmax rounds...

I've got a 50rnd box of the Hornady stuff enroute. I'll let you know how it shoots through my particular barrel.

Feedback Score
    mind telling me where u got your butt stock. not dialed in real neat stuff.

tia

carbine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carbine357 View Post
    mind telling me where u got your butt stock?
    I purchased both the butt stock and handguard directly from the Lancer Systems company website.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Looks good.

Update on how it shoots.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12