Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt 725?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I'm debating whether I want to get a 6720 barrel with FSB (apparently these are not F marked) and have it cut down to 14.5" or stick with my original plan to use the DD 14.5". I'd kinda like to have the gun built with as many Colt parts as possible, including the lower if I can, since even though I have multiple ARs I don't actually have a Colt.
    Correct, the 6720 FSB is not F marked but does have a taller FSP to compensate (since barrel is made for flat top upper).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd be using it with a A1/C7 upper so I'd just swap the front sight post out for a standard one.
    I guess my final decision on the barrel will depend on whether I want to stick with the 725/C8 style build and use the DD barrel or just go for a straight up 723 clone and use a Colt pencil barrel.

I have a Stag lower with a Colt Receiver extension/castle nut/end plate and an "N" CAR stock that I can use for this but it would be pretty cool to get ahold of the "AR-15A2" marked lower from a 6520 or something. I'm thinking I could get away with using an "AR-15A3" 6721 lower as well, these seem to be more available.

Feedback Score
    I'd be using it with a A1/C7 upper so I'd just swap the front sight post out for a standard one.
    I guess my final decision on the barrel will depend on whether I want to stick with the 725/C8 style build and use the DD barrel or just go for a straight up 723 clone and use a Colt pencil barrel.

I have a Stag lower with a Colt Receiver extension/castle nut/end plate and an "N" CAR stock that I can use for this but it would be pretty cool to get ahold of the "AR-15A2" marked lower from a 6520 or something. I'm thinking I could get away with using an "AR-15A3" 6721 lower as well, these seem to be more available.
    Nodak Spud A2 lower have AR-15A2 engraved on it.
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Cool, thanks for the tip.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My in-progress Diemaco C8/Colt 725 compared to the real thing.

Feedback Score
    My in-progress Diemaco C8/Colt 725 compared to the real thing.

Really digging this build.

Feedback Score
    I'm debating whether I want to get a 6720 barrel with FSB (apparently these are not F marked) and have it cut down to 14.5" or stick with my original plan to use the DD 14.5". I'd kinda like to have the gun built with as many Colt parts as possible, including the lower if I can, since even though I have multiple ARs I don't actually have a Colt.
    I elected to use an original A1 upper mounted to a new Colt CSR lower (purchased through JSE Surplus) using a new 6720 barrel assembly. I'll be using a retro plastic version of the original collapsable stock with either a 2 or 4 position Colt buffer tube and Ergo STO grip with factory Colt round hand guards.

I'll correct any variances with aftermarket front sight posts in case the FSGB is not fully correct with the A1 upper.

Once I get it all fit and functional I'll do a tear-down and get it off for the proper anodizing.

Should turn out to be a nice and light carbine.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRA556 View Post
    I elected to use an original A1 upper mounted to a new Colt CSR lower (purchased through JSE Surplus) using a new 6720 barrel assembly. I'll be using a retro plastic version of the original collapsable stock with either a 2 or 4 position Colt buffer tube and Ergo STO grip with factory Colt round hand guards.

I'll correct any variances with aftermarket front sight posts in case the FSGB is not fully correct with the A1 upper.

Once I get it all fit and functional I'll do a tear-down and get it off for the proper anodizing.

Should turn out to be a nice and light carbine.
    Yeah I'm really looking forward to getting mine finished too.
    I debated getting a 6720 barrel myself and having it cut to 14.5" so I could just do a straight up 723 clone but for various reasons i ended up not doing that.

The only reason I call this a "725/C8" clone is because of the barrel being CHF and .750 at the gas block, even though the profile isn't an exact match to that of the early C8 (they had a more pronounced"flare" at the muzzle end) but overall the specs are closer to that of an early C8 than anything else.

Feedback Score
    SBR Form 1 and trust copy just went out today. I'm going to do the GAU-5/5A with the faux moderator. Not worth it to use the real moderator at this point with legislation pending that may remove suppressors and the like from the Class-3 NFA list. Cannot see paying $550+ for something that only reduces the sound to that of an unsupressed M16A1.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12