Thread: Two 9mm AR's. Angstadt Arms & Colt with a Hanh Mag Well Adapter.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Two 9mm AR's. Angstadt Arms & Colt with a Hanh Mag Well Adapter.

I'm new to the 9mm AR game. I'm having Fun!

I bought a Angstadt Arms upper and lower set and built the lower. The upper still needs to be spun together. I need to decide on a rail for the 5" 9mm TROS 3 lug bbl. I think I will be a pistol rail for now until I get a suppressor for it.

This is the fourth trip to the range with the AA and the first with the Colt. The Glock mags hold one more round and are much easier to load. I heard the Colts were tough to load the last few rounds. All of the rounds went in difficulty for me. They need to be put in just right or the next round will not go in. There wasn't any wiggle room like the Glock mags. I'm sure I'll get used to it. It was just a PITA. Both functioned fine. The 17 round G17 PMag would not load on a closed bolt with 17/16 rounds and did not hold the bolt open on the last round. Neither is a big deal.

The Colt was a smile maker on FA. It was very controllable. The video is two short 3-4 round bursts but sounded like one round to me on play back. The brass hitting the deck was where I could tell it was FA.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 03-17-16 at 08:33.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    5" bbl.

Last edited by usmcvet; 03-18-16 at 08:58.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Looking better with sights and a light.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Another awesome post, and that giggly switch has got to be just amazing with the 9mm.

ETA: By the way, the ROF on that first video is off the charts! Just like you mentioned, it sounds like a single shot followed up with the peaceful "tinking" of raining brass.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 03-30-16 at 10:01. Reason: To Add

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Thanks. It is fun. I'm really looking forward to the suppressor comming in! Then the wait.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You got me jealous over here.

I am still saving up to get a decent lower SBR'd. But considering the tax stamp and cost of both, a can sounds more and more ideal every day.

No matter what, when you can put these through their paces, I see your range rules there are a little... Tight shipped. You should post another video of a mag dump, if you ever plan on doing one; I know that some won't and some will due to wear and such, No matter what, it's a great looking setup all around.

Thanks again for your awesome show and tells.