Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a Brand new Inland M1 Carbine

Feedback Score

Picked up a Brand new Inland M1 Carbine

I actually got it Thursday, a Inland M1 1945 model Carbine, it came with one 15 round magazine, a new web sling and oiler. It looks very nice, has a cast vs. a forged receiver but seems to be high quality. While waiting for it, I ordered three 30 round made in Taiwan magazines, and four 15 round ProMag made in USA magazines. I will pick up 1,000 rounds of Armscor 30 Carbine when at training next week, it is from Ammo Supply Warehouse. I don't have pictures, and I won't mess with it till I return. Hard to say.

I have a half dozen or more 5.56 AR's and three 308's but this will be my only lower power center fire. I think my wife might like it but I got it for me. I have not shot one since WWVietnam.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a original one that I shoot all the time. I love the thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    USN CTT1 (SW/AW) Retired

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    When I was a kid about a million years ago, I got to shoot a full auto M2. Great fun.

Keep us posted on your new Inland and let us know how it operates and how the cast receiver works out. I just might have to get one if it proves reliable.

Feedback Score
    I have an original Inland. After WWII it was refurbished, like most of them, and then went to Israel as a lend-lease. Has the name of the guy it was issued to written on the stock. Very cool but I'd like to get a newly made one without any history.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    This new one has a good looking stock with a 'Cartouche' of sorts on the operating bolt side just forward of the oiler slot. It is a circle with crossed cannons real similar to, but different than, the Springfield Armory Logo. Makes it seem a little more 'Military'. I don't need the cartouche, but it's okay too. I do not buy many new long guns as there are so few that tickle my fancy. I would like a Garand in 308, a M1A or M14, a new M1A Socom, well I guess there are a few I would like. I too am not a collector I just want fun shooters. I have too many to give any one of them a proper flogging, but hope springs eternal.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Picked up a Brand new Inland M1 Carbine

Congrats, I have a 1943 CMP IBM that is great, the mags are the weakest part of the carbine.

These are perfect rifles for most women.

Last edited by HKGuns; 03-22-16 at 20:20.

Feedback Score
    Yes as I said I have three different magazine makers, my ProMags have the best appearance to me, followed by the Taiwan magazines. The OEM magazine looks cheap, used and less well made. But the proof is in the shooting and I want to shake those magazines down before I offer up the Carbine to the Warden (Wife) She will get foot stomping mad if it does not function properly, her idea of malfunction action is to put the gun in the trash bin.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've found the Korean mags to be better than the pro mags. There is almost nothing worse than pro mags.

Feedback Score
    Well when I come back with my ammo I will give them all a try, and by all I mean each and every one.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    How's the reputation for new Inland carbines? Brownells is now carrying them and I want one to go with my Garand.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast