Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Athletic pubalgia (Sports hernia)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Totally get that, but 6 days per week of heavy lifting likely a causative factor to developing it I'd guess. The body will not tollerate 6 days per week of heavy lifting for prolonged periods without injuries, OTS, etc

Learn to meditate
    Yoga (when cleared for mild exercise)
    Range time
    Long walks
    etc
    6 days seems like a lot but within the 90 days I started a different routine as I usually do to keep things confused. I do not currently go at the same muscle groups more than twice a week. Most are 4 days apart, legs almost 5.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I had an inguinal hernia about 13 years ago.

At that time I was lifting a lot like yourself. After the time off and once I got back into it I was actually significantly stronger than before.

Made me a big proponent of rest and time off from the weights. Like to take a week or 2 off every 8 weeks or so depending on how I feel.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double3 View Post
    I had an inguinal hernia about 13 years ago.

At that time I was lifting a lot like yourself. After the time off and once I got back into it I was actually significantly stronger than before.

Made me a big proponent of rest and time off from the weights. Like to take a week or 2 off every 8 weeks or so depending on how I feel.
    They call it a "sports hernia", but it is a misnomer and has just stuck over the years. This is something completely different and involves tendons and such. I wish it was an inguinal hernia, recover for that is short.

I go in April 5th, let the suck begin!

Feedback Score
    Bumping this up, I think I have a sports hernia as all the signs point that way (haven't been diagnosed by a doc yet). How did the surgery and recovery go?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12