Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appleseed

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Made rifleman first time out with a ruger 10-22
    I am impressed. I came agonizingly close with my stock 10-22 but just could not make it with buckhorn sights. I was humbled and learned to appreciate the value of a peep sight. We had one guy on 20 person line shoot Rifleman and that was his second go-round. Nothing to scoff at it.

My Appleseed experience was first rate guys giving up ridiculous amounts of their time to generously teach others. Instructors I met were an interesting cross section, 50 percent vets, ER doc, engineers, machinists, wrestling coach, etc. the weaknesses in Appleseed did not seem to be in the dedication of the volunteers in my anecdotal case.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I did change out the stock aights with the peep style but as the day went on it was getting pretty hard to focus on the front sight as things began to get blurry. I think the only other guy to pass it was the one next to me shooting a bolt action .22 or 17 hmr, can't remember. He had some mag problems and began to hand feed rounds and was barely able to make time. He had been to a few so he was looking for more of a challenge. He was shooting with a scope too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12