Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Looking for an inexpensive but good 9mm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    I'd find a way to try some options before you buy. Shield gets my recommendation. Have 3 in our family...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Believe me, I have:

Shield
    Glock 26
    Glock 43
    Ruger LC9S Pro
    Kimber Micro 9mm
    Buy my GF's Glock 42

Etc.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    While I have'nt read all 10 pages, how about a CZ P-10? The suggested MSRP is $500 so the street price should be around $425-450, and she'll get a top tier pistol, that should require nothing but possibly better sights. And, since they use g19 holsters, getting a holster for it should'nt be a problem.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    I'll second the Canik. Hell, it takes down Russian ambassadors like nobody's business.

Feedback Score
    Go to your good lgs and look at the used pistols. Nothing wrong buying used. Better value and she will never shoot it enough to wear it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So, I traveled to my LGS and my buddy had sold the Ruger already.

Later, my girlfriend and I drove to Sportsman's Warehouse just because they have a lot of handguns, and we looked at several.

I kind of decided against the Ruger: the slim grip just doesn't appeal to me although it's hand-filling.

I REALLY liked the small size of the Kimber Micro 9 stainless. I probably would use it with finger-extension mags if I buy it, but I liked the all-metal frame, single action trigger, and the fact that it actually had a half-cock notch on the hammer. Some 1911's I handled years ago had done away with an actual half-cock option on the hammer (Springfield?).

I also liked the Glock 43 better than the Glock 26 for grip.

For those that don't know: I have pretty stubby fingers and carpal tunnel in both wrists. If I can't wrap my hand pretty securely I will have some trouble controlling the gun.

Hence, I tend to like full-sized grips like the Glock 17. But I will say that I liked the grip of the Kimber and the Glock 43. I might warm up to the Ruger at some point, but it just didn't impress me in the gun shop.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is an old photo of my S&W 3913 single stack 9mm. It's a great pistol for the money. They can be found in the low to mid $200 range and are a steal at that price. My wife loves it.

And once mastered, it's a damn good shooter.

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910