Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is the M1 Garand, 1903 still in active use?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    The M1s we had were pretty effectively demilled - the whole barrel had metal poured down it, which ran into the trigger / FC area, stocks were pretty beat up over years of use. Not sure what you'd get off it worth using. Maybe the M14s are different, but I doubt it.
    I was referring to the ones that have the bolt welded shut or similar. In that case you have the trigger group, op rod, FH, sights, etc. to scrounge.

I guess there are a multitude of ways to "demill" something but it sounds like whoever did the M1's you had was a little OC!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Video of the Norwegian Royal Guard with M1's. Totally bad ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A friend of mine was an armorer for the AZNG and he went to the Philippines not too long ago
    and spent a few weeks converting 30.06 Garands to 7.62 Nato to arm the militias in the islands.
    They like the Russians never throw anything away.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I was referring to the ones that have the bolt welded shut or similar. In that case you have the trigger group, op rod, FH, sights, etc. to scrounge.

I guess there are a multitude of ways to "demill" something but it sounds like whoever did the M1's you had was a little OC!
    USMA ones had bolt welded shut somehow, also barrel plugged and welded. Stock and finish looked decent.

When I first saw my son's, I commented that it was neat. Mistake... They hate them, and just having a group moving through halls and stairways shows why the days of the MBR for GIs are over.

Plus the fact the M14 empty is heavier than an M4 with 3-4 loaded mags

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12