Page 7 of 137 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Cool! Looking forward to your video review. Out of curiosity, what is your typical ratio of filming to video length? I'm guessing you put a lot of video together and edit the heck out of it to end up with your final reviews. The quality of your reviews is obvious, and appreciated for sure.
    I don't know that there's a ratio per se. But, unless it's a new product/gun that has a time sensitive aspect to it, I shoot TONS of video and just cut most of it. I could easily make 45-60 min videos if I wanted with the footage I have but I don't think people want that.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    I don't know that there's a ratio per se. But, unless it's a new product/gun that has a time sensitive aspect to it, I shoot TONS of video and just cut most of it. I could easily make 45-60 min videos if I wanted with the footage I have but I don't think people want that.
    Regardless, thanks for all you do in your reviews!

I truly think that this type of media can really benefit SOLGW and get them to a "known" status, and it seems their popularity is growing every day.

To Gunsngear, I am excited to see your indepth review. I know I don't mind watching long videos, but the youtube community moves so quickly, it's understandable to keep them "to-the-point".

Nonetheless, thanks as always for taking the time to make a legitimate review, and I appreciate your continued investment of time and energy. (Really enjoyed your recent video on painting. That fits the standard very well you've discussed/mentioned.)

Thanks, again, whole heartily to SOLGW for extending their product to Gunsngear for a review. The community would be stuck with word of mouth or hearsay otherwise. (or the good 'ol rent before you buy)

Feedback Score
    I added a SOLGW BCG to my spares. Haven't installed or fired it yet, but there was no question that it was individually tested, since it had the carbon (which I removed), brassing, and rub marks to prove it, exactly as it should. They sent a hat too... very cool skull and bones logo to go with the great company name, which is critical for swag.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaFoxtrot View Post
    I added a SOLGW BCG to my spares. Haven't installed or fired it yet, but there was no question that it was individually tested, since it had the carbon (which I removed), brassing, and rub marks to prove it, exactly as it should. They sent a hat too... very cool skull and bones logo to go with the great company name, which is critical for swag.

I kid you not----the guy at the LGS that did my transfer said he liked the hat, and I really only wear like 2 baseball hats, so I said he could have it. So he wears it home and his wife tells him she likes it and that it turns her on. He said he wears around the house all the time now

Feedback Score
    I kid you not----the guy at the LGS that did my transfer said he liked the hat, and I really only wear like 2 baseball hats, so I said he could have it. So he wears it home and his wife tells him she likes it and that it turns her on. He said he wears around the house all the time now
    Haha, their swag game is legit. SOLGW are great dudes making good carbines... well maybe not as good as mine, haha.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    I bet he does!!! LOL! Looking forward to the review.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Looking very promising. Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    Is the castle nut staked? My cousin bought one a few months ago and was showing it to me and that's the first thing I noticed. I didn't look at the carrier staking but yours looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    I'll let MrGunsandGear confirm this...but aggressive staking on the castle nut and gas key is critical and one of things beaten in to our armorers.

Every rifle that leaves here will be staked, so I'll assume this one is too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    Next time I see him I'll look at the bcg to see if it's staked. I just didn't want to start "taking it apart" because he is the type that would freak out.
    Maybe he changed the castle nut and end plate for some reason.
    His is a basic version with a fsb and fde magpul furniture. I do not remember what end plate it had or if it was a QD. It did just have a basic charging handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    Then, that's not a factory gun.

Everyone of our armorers must work as an intern for a few months before we ever turn them loose...and we have several redundancy points of inspection before a gun leaves. Staking is actually one of the ways we identify our rifles as being a factory gun. When I say it's beaten into our guys, I'm being serious. It's one of things that separates a good company from trash peddlers.
    Same with barrel dimpling, thread treatments etc...
    Lets make this clear.... I am not trying to start anything. I am just doing a follow up.

I talked to my cousin today at a family BBQ and he said it was a completed rifle that he bought from the factory and he did not do any mods to the gun. He did not have the gun with him but if I remember correctly the end plate was a regular one. Not a QD end plate.
    He said he bought it on a black Friday sale last year for $799, said regular price at the time was $999.
    But the castle nut was not staked. So maybe it slipped through. But the gun itself, looked top notch. I asked why he chose this brand and he said because he knows one of the owners of SOLGW and y'all do great work. He also said he sent in an upper and lower and y'all built a gun for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    Y'all still doing the M4C discount, just tired to use the code and it didn't work. TIA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 308Operator View Post
    Y'all still doing the M4C discount, just tired to use the code and it didn't work. TIA
    It had expired at the beginning of the month.
    It's active again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 137 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast