Page 135 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1366

Thread: Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    With the variability in anodizing being known (see Geissele's issues with it), yeah I can see that happening. I can also understand why it would be low on LMT's priority list to remediate what is a cosmetic issue.

Their primary thrust is to sell guns to people who are going to immediately scratch them up.

My KAC upper had a very minor cosmetic blem on it. Didn't matter after my first training session with it. The VTAC barricade fixed that problem in a hurry. lol.

EDIT: I don't want to trivialize the issue, but these aren't Swiss watches. If any of my Omegas came damaged, yeah I'm lit. They are luxury time pieces. But these are tools.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Except it wasn't an anodizing issue. It was shitty machining. Think chatter marks and gouges. Never should have been sold as A grade. Blems at best. And if I was spending that kind of money for a MARS lower the last thing I would expect is chatter marks and gouges on the lower. Don't care how "duty" it's supposed to be, that would really piss me off.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Except it wasn't an anodizing issue. It was shitty machining. Think chatter marks and gouges. Never should have been sold as A grade. Blems at best. And if I was spending that kind of money for a MARS lower the last thing I would expect is chatter marks and gouges on the lower. Don't care how "duty" it's supposed to be, that would really piss me off.
    Yeah that sounds unfit, cosmetically. I get that.

But these are *battle implements* at the end of the day, that's my point.

LMT can do better than that, for sure. That's probably more of a KAC move, TBH.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    And BTW I agree with you on cosmetics. I don't care if finish matches up or is pristine. I'm going to beat the piss out of it anyway. I kind of like the whole Moonshine vibe that G$ has going on.

Feedback Score
    Yeah that sounds unfit, cosmetically. I get that.

But these are *battle implements* at the end of the day, that's my point.

LMT can do better than that, for sure. That's probably more of a KAC move, TBH.

Yup. Think of it like this. You pay full retail for an Omega and when it shows up there is a gouge in the glass. And you call Omega and they say "Oh, sorry, here's a hat and a sticker to make up for it and a 10% off coupon for your next purchase" lol. Does the watch still work? Sure it does. Does it piss you off every time you look at it knowing you paid a premium for a blemished product? Yup. I would go as far as to say it would make me feel like, as a customer, they really don't care about me.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Yup. Think of it like this. You pay full retail for an Omega and when it shows up there is a gouge in the glass. And you call Omega and they say "Oh, sorry, here's a hat and a sticker to make up for it and a 10% off coupon for your next purchase" lol. Does the watch still work? Sure it does. Does it piss you off every time you look at it knowing you paid a premium for a blemished product? Yup. I would go as far as to say it would make me feel like, as a customer, they really don't care about me.
    That's a luxury good, though. That's my point. It's function *is* its beauty. A Gun's function is working no matter what and putting rounds on target.

I'm not saying it's a great move by LMT. It's not; obvious QC & CS failure. BUT, these are tools. Not luxury items.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    That's a luxury good, though. That's my point. It's function *is* its beauty. A Gun's function is working no matter what and putting rounds on target.

I'm not saying it's a great move by LMT. It's not; obvious QC & CS failure. BUT, these are tools. Not luxury items.

I’m ok with minor blemishes and sloppy fitment that most Colts have, because I know they’re a workhorse and they work. Colt doesn’t charge $2,500.00+ for their crap either. KAC and LMT are luxury items due to their pricing IMO.

Feedback Score

At their price point I expect better. As should every consumer. Luxury good or not. It doesn't mean QC is an after thought. In fact part of the reason you pay that premium is for the quality you are expecting to receive in return. If not then they are no better than PSA or other lower tier manufacturers. They dilute their brand, and their value proposition, with things like this. But more importantly it's the principle. LMT is essentially telling him to F off and take it. You might be ok with that, but most people are not.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I’m ok with minor blemishes and sloppy fitment that most Colts have, because I know they’re a workhorse and they work. Colt doesn’t charge $2,500.00+ for their crap either. KAC and LMT are luxury items due to their pricing IMO.
    We are going to have to disagree on the luxury item issue, respectfully.

In my personal opinion, if anybody has a problem buying/building an AR and immediately scratching the F out of it during a multi-day class, they are buying that gun for the wrong reasons.

That's my take. Not projecting onto you.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    LMT replaced the non-functioning safety on the MARS lower I bought. It had a huge burr on it.

I figured everyone makes mistakes, not a huge deal. Of course, they sent a cosmetically faulty (machining marks and not “flat”) safety that functioned. So that irritated me, but not enough to not buy another (I did).

Then I started paying attention to complaints of more serious problems dealt with casually by LMT.

I like LMT and their innovation. I use their MWS receiver extensions for A5 setups. I like the MARS-L lower. The monolithic upper patent…needs to expire so other people can make them, but it is one of the few true improvements to the AR platform. And my best friend grew up near their Illinois location. Really an American success story.

But dang, some times you have to fix your ****. You can’t charge LMT prices for PSA QC.

I did eyeball another MARS lower at the LGS earlier.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Haha, I post that and drop down to the Beyond 5.56 sub forum to find the top thread is…

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-MWS-QC-ISSUES

Page 135 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 LastLast