Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for 9MM AR vs Sig MPX observations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

looking for 9MM AR vs Sig MPX observations

Anyone shoot both a 9MM AR and Sig MPX? What are your observations on the MPX vs AR?
    Last edited by stormblue; 03-26-16 at 12:14.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have built a 9mm AR with a QC10 lower and 4" barrel. I can't get it to run right. Its blow back operated. I own a Gen 2 mpx. I absolutely love it. It is piston driven, and has eaten all the ammo I have thrown at it, from monarch 115gr steel case, to AE147gr subs. All suppressed. I am very very pleased with the MPX.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jared91 View Post
    I have built a 9mm AR with a QC10 lower and 4" barrel. I can't get it to run right. Its blow back operated. I own a Gen 2 mpx. I absolutely love it. It is piston driven, and has eaten all the ammo I have thrown at it, from monarch 115gr steel case, to AE147gr subs. All suppressed. I am very very pleased with the MPX.

What malfunctions do you have? Glock or Colt mags?
    And what's your setup?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KITTEN_FRENZY View Post
    What malfunctions do you have? Glock or Colt mags?
    And what's your setup?
    Glock mags.
    Double and triple feeding 115gr, with a slash heavy buffer and spring. Will not cycle 147gr subs at all.

Same as above with a JP 9mm SCS buffer system.

QC10 4" barrel, JP 9mm bolt, Geissele SSA-E trigger, and a Vltor upper.

I am completely stumped on this thing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glock mags.
    Double and triple feeding 115gr, with a slash heavy buffer and spring. Will not cycle 147gr subs at all.

It seems like there are a lot more issues with Glock lowers than Colt.
    No issues with the SSA-E? That's one that QC10 has on their compatibility page that has known issues.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KITTEN_FRENZY View Post
    It seems like there are a lot more issues with Glock lowers than Colt.
    No issues with the SSA-E? That's one that QC10 has on their compatibility page that has known issues.
    Well shit. I'll have to throw a stock trigger in there and see what happens

Feedback Score
    Glock mags.

That will teach you a lesson. Let this be a lesson to all frankengun assemblers. If you start trying to mix and match with a 9mm AR you are bound to get burned. Trying to save a dollar and end up spending 3-4$
    Last edited by indianalex01; 10-24-17 at 23:59.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    That will teach you a lesson. Let this be a lesson to all frankengun assemblers. If you start trying to mix and match with a 9mm AR you are bound to get burned. Trying to save a dollar and end up spending 3-4$
    Franken gun? I enjoyed building a pair of 9mm AR'S. One on a CMMG lower for Colt mags and one with an Angstadt Arms Arms upper/lower set. It took some tinkering. I would have preferred to buy the AA as a complete SBR but they were not available at the time. It has a TROS Tri Lug BBL that wasn't a factory option It's wasn't cheaper but I got what I wanted and didn't have to wait a long time for it. Besides it gives us something to talk about here. =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

What barrel length? My 5" would not run with my heavy buffer? I switched to a Voltor A5 buffer and rifle spring. It runs great now.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 03-28-16 at 05:36.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    What barrel length? My 5" would not run with my heavy buffer? I switch to a Voltor A5 and rifle spring. It runs great now.
    Haha... its in there.. 4". Doesn't your rifle have heavy recoil now, though?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast