Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: looking for 9MM AR vs Sig MPX observations

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The MPX is very accurate. I have shot both Gen 1 and Gen 2's, they have both impressed me with their accuracy. I shot them from 10yds-50yds but they were both very accurate. The MPX's suppress just fine IMHO. While I do get some gas in my face the amount is dependent on the can. It was never an issue to me. The dealer that had the MPX gen 1 that I shot let us try a few different cans. It is as quiet as any 9mm sub gun, just from my experience.

Before you decide to shell out the cash for one, utahjeepr, I would recommend shooting (a gen 2) one first. To some it will be worth it, to others, it won't.

Feedback Score
    Been struggling with this same question lately. MPX or build my own? I think I'll wait for QC10's new HK 9mm lower to make a final call.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jared91 View Post
    Glock mags.
    Double and triple feeding 115gr, with a slash heavy buffer and spring. Will not cycle 147gr subs at all.

Same as above with a JP 9mm SCS buffer system.

QC10 4" barrel, JP 9mm bolt, Geissele SSA-E trigger, and a Vltor upper.

I am completely stumped on this thing.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    That will teach you a lesson. Let this be a lesson to all frankengun assemblers. If you start trying to mix and match with a 9mm AR you are bound to get burned. Trying to save a dollar and end up spending 3-4$
    Last edited by indianalex01; 10-24-17 at 23:59.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    That will teach you a lesson. Let this be a lesson to all frankengun assemblers. If you start trying to mix and match with a 9mm AR you are bound to get burned. Trying to save a dollar and end up spending 3-4$
    Franken gun? I enjoyed building a pair of 9mm AR'S. One on a CMMG lower for Colt mags and one with an Angstadt Arms Arms upper/lower set. It took some tinkering. I would have preferred to buy the AA as a complete SBR but they were not available at the time. It has a TROS Tri Lug BBL that wasn't a factory option It's wasn't cheaper but I got what I wanted and didn't have to wait a long time for it. Besides it gives us something to talk about here. =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I have a AR 9 build, the CZ Scorpion Evo and the Sig MPX ... Love them all ... The AR 9 has been a never ending project !!!! The most cost efficient was the CZ Scorpion...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I second the CZ! It's my new favorite gun.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have the MPX with all the goodies. I had issues in the beginning and now I cant get it to malfunction. I must have been feeding it trash, or it needed to be broken in. Anywho, I just bought the Zenith (Mp5 ) gun. They just launched one with a rail on top, mlok rail at foreend and a brace that is the best brace design on planet earth. Feels like a great stock and can shoulder and look right down the sights. Its not cheap but is made from machinery bought from HK, with HK blessings.

After we run it hard I will post a range report. Good luck with your build.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    9mm ARs make no sense to me. You get the increased recoil of the blow back system, and bump down to a sub gun round.

The MPX, on the other hand, is a joy to shoot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    9mm ARs make no sense to me. You get the increased recoil of the blow back system, and bump down to a sub gun round.

The MPX, on the other hand, is a joy to shoot.
    I disagree with you. As a home defense carbine they make total sense. Not 5.56 loud which is great for indoors. Higher velocity, capacity, accuracy with a PCC over a pistol. If they recoil to much for you then maybe you should consider a 22. Recoil isn't bad.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    I disagree with you. As a home defense carbine they make total sense. Not 5.56 loud which is great for indoors. Higher velocity, capacity, accuracy with a PCC over a pistol. If they recoil to much for you then maybe you should consider a 22. Recoil isn't bad.
    A 9mm AR beats a Carbine at nothing. You risk over penetration, and yet can't defeat body armor, are effectively shooting a shoulder fired pistol. It's barely better than a bird gun (only because of capacity) An MPX is a little better in that at least your at AR15-like recoil.

Every gun is loud indoors. Even suppressed ARs. If saving your own life is less important than being noisy, then fine... those are your priorities.

Shit.. even people who like it quiet are using 300 USELESS Blackout. Home defense (to me) is CQB. Who in the hell fights CQB with a blow back AR? Alabama SWAT teams maybe?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast