Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 22LR handgun host for woods/plinking

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    This suppressor and a 22/45 are exactly what I am going to buy. If you buy the 22/45 lite, you can take the top rail off. I don't like the two color choices they have right now so I will probably strip the anodizing off the green version after I get the can in my hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Has anyone gotten to shoot a S&W Victory? It looks pretty good from the little I've seen. There is a 5.5" model with threaded barrel, which comes with sights and a rail.

Feedback Score
    I have had a Buckmark for over 10 years now and enjoy the pistol but if I was buying a .22 pistol for the purpose of mounting a suppressor I would likely go Ruger.

Feedback Score
    The Ruger is a great choice and the only other option I would consider for that role is the Buckmark. I have both and, subjectively, the Ruger sounds a little quieter suppressed to me. The Buckmark has a better stock trigger and a little better "feel". The Ruger is a tank and has a much larger aftermarket part selection.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    This thread has my interest...

I've really been considering a Ruger 22/45 with a Surefire X400V on the rail underneath the barrel and an aimpoint T1 on top. I just didn't want to do it before I knew how accurate those guns were.

So, how accurate are they?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rugers have done me right. This combo is awesome. Actually the Element 2 on the 22/45 is my preference, but the Spectre II is pretty cool too.
    Last edited by JPB; 03-29-16 at 16:53.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've had both Ruger mk2 and different Buckmarks through the years. I just sold my buckmark 5.5 contour and ordered the Buckmark Field Target Suppressor Ready. Apparently released at the last SHOT show. It looks like I'll have to wait until July to get it, but both my .22 cans are in form 4 jail. Yhe suppressor ready Browning looks intriguing, can't wait to get it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-X Fil View Post
    Has anyone gotten to shoot a S&W Victory? It looks pretty good from the little I've seen. There is a 5.5" model with threaded barrel, which comes with sights and a rail.
    I am seriously considering one of them.

Some additional reading:

http://www.shootingsportsretailer.co...sales-victory/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-X Fil View Post
    I picked up a victory last month and have put around 700 rds through it. Great gun, just bring the Allen wrench to the range with you... the takedown screw will come loose after 100-200 rds (if you don't locktight it). The upper assembly will rattle if it does, but it doesn't seem to affect accuracy.

This is my first target style .22, so I don't have much to compare it to... just know that it shoots dead on for me and has been 100% reliable with CCI, Aguila super extra, American Eagle, and federal semiautomatic match.

Carbon fiber wraped/threaded barrels are suppose to be out shortly.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post

Rugers have done me right. This combo is awesome. Actually the Element 2 on the 22/45 is my preference, but the Spectre II is pretty cool too.
    That looks incredible, and exactly what I want.

How is the accuracy? What kind of POA changes do you have to make for distance changes? (I.e. is POI still relatively close to POA at 5 yards, 10 yards, 20 yards?)
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast