Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 22LR handgun host for woods/plinking

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Nice Ruger Shooterman.

Found a local deal on an almost new M&P22C (with a G26 for size):

Found this Neumount solution as an affordable "ALG 6 Second Mount" but without a rail for a flashlight. I wanted to be able to mount directly like the ALG. We'll see how it fits on the 22C.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've got a CZ 75B SA with the Kadet conversion and it's tits. I also had a 22/45 LITE before and it was great if you wanted to add optics or a light. I'd get one again if they get rid of the stupid side cuts and came out with a plain 1" bull barrel version like the Pac-Lite uppers so it would match my 1" TBAC 22S-1.

People start out wanting to do shooting as a hobby and it ends up their hobby is actually buying and operating expensive tools. Doesn't make sense when you think about it.

Feedback Score
    Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory is a great new option. I have the new threaded barrel model and it's like a perfect mix between my two favorites the browning buckmark and the ruger 22/56 but is easier to take down than both of them (just one screw allows you to take it apart).

It comes with 2 10rd mags and a polymer picatinny rail with built in rear notch sight.

It's been very reliable so far (appx 600 rounds down the pipe) and cycles everything I have fed it.

And it also has factory fiber optic sight with adjustable rear for windage and elevation.
    Last edited by JohnnyRambo; 05-08-16 at 12:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was considering one of those CZ Kadet conversions for my P-01. I ended up with a S&W. I didn't know Kadets had such a good rep, down the road I'll probably breakdown and buy one.

I just got my Stamp for my Mask and I'm looking forward to shooting it this weekend!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    I wouldn't mind trying some of the "clone" .22s, I'm just afraid of running into reliability issues. Browning makes a reduced scale 1911 that would be all kinds of fun, but it's kinda pricey and I know it wouldn't work as well as the Rugers.
    Mine has been 100% reliable with CCIs and even 20+ year old federal bulk. I love it, just wish I would have waited until the threaded barrel model was available before I bought mine. Hopefully I'll be able to find a drop in threaded barrel one day.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfAGunn View Post
    I was considering one of those CZ Kadet conversions for my P-01. I ended up with a S&W. I didn't know Kadets had such a good rep, down the road I'll probably breakdown and buy one.

I just got my Stamp for my Mask and I'm looking forward to shooting it this weekend!!

Any updates? I should have a Mask in hand in another 4 months.

Got the Neumount, fits great on 9mm Glocks and the M&P22 Compact, $80 shipped. No function checks yet. Just waiting for the FF3 to show up. The owner said you can order a custom version that direct mounts a T-1 for maybe $25 more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Any updates? I should have a Mask in hand in another 4 months.
    That mount looks pretty good on your M&P! You're gonna have it all tricked out.

The S&W M&P 22 compact worked flawlessly. I used 3 types of ammo, CCI Standard Velocity, American Eagle Suppressor .22LR, and Winchester Super X. The S&W liked the AE suppressor ammo the best, it had the tightest groups at 7-15 yards followed by CCI SV, and the Winchester was last. As far as sound goes, they all sounded pretty similar. I don't think I'll be using any subsonic ammo for my S&W anymore, I'll just save it for my rifle.

Blowback was an issue with the Winchester. It's supersonic (1435 FPS shown on the box) so I figured that was why. The gas wasn't an issue, it was the powder that hit me in the face. It surprised me when it first happened. Wasn't painful, just kind of annoying. Some you guys with Ruger 22/45's let me know if this is an issue with those when shooting suppressed. The other ammo didn't seem as bad at all.

The Mask did a fantastic job suppressing the sound. It shot so quietly I wasn't sure if the sub ammo was really loud in the first place. I removed the mask and squeezed off a round of AE sub. That wasn't the best idea but now there is no doubt that the Mask works, money well spent. It was quiet enough that I didn't think about shooting it wet till I was on my way home.

The Mask and 22 Compact are a really good combination. You're going to be happy Ray.

Feedback Score
    IMG_20160911_232043817.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Craig_PHX; 10-19-16 at 16:39.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789