Thread: Picatinny handlebar mount for mountain bike?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Picatinny handlebar mount for mountain bike?

Hi all,
    I'd like to mount one of my X300U lights to the handlebars of my mountain bike. Any suggestions on a mount that will allow me to do that?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I don't know if any dedicated pic rail mount for a MTB handlebar. You can rig an existing light mount and attach a piece of pic rail. I think ITW makes a plastic pic rail section designed to be mounted on molle / PALS webbing- maybe this cam be zip tied to your handle bar?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    how thick is the handelbars on the bike? Was thinking depending on the thickness a handheld light mount and a piece of pic rail that is long enough to attach to the light mount and enough hanging off to mount the X300U. would be a bit ad hoc but could possibly work.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Pict rail secured by electrical conduit holder packed out with black duct tape or rubber strips

http://www.homedepot.com/p/2-in-Rigi...6126/100132577