Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT MRP still relevant?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

LMT MRP still relevant?

When it first came out, it was the bee's knees. Continuous top rail, quick change barrels, and a super slim rail. But it was slightly heavy.

Fast forward to 2016 and now we see a trend for lighter rifles as well as a ton of extended rails on the market. Does anyone still use theirs regularly over other options on the market today?
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Ive always like the looks of the lmt mrp. Currently own a cqb, rifle length and the mws.
    For comparison i also have a custom noveske with a long KAC urx but for some reason i keep coming back to the mrp chassis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

LMT MRP still relevant?

MRP still makes sense as a reliable piston gun. It can be converted to DI, but there are lighter options out there. The ease with which barrels of different calibers and lengths can be swapped out is an added plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 9mm_shooter; 03-29-16 at 23:55.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll continue using them. I've owned at least one as my primary AR for the last 10 years

Feedback Score
    Don't know about MRP or piston guns, but LMT's CQB16 is replacing their AUG's and it has the same monolithic receiver.
    Good work ain't cheap and cheap work ain't good.
    - Sailor Jerry

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Still a very viable option. Continuous, integrated rail- solid system. The quick change barrels are also a plus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My 2004 vintage MRP is still the AR I shoot all the time, despite having built many other AR variants since then I never did change out the barrel for another caliber, I just like the one piece upper and handguard, I can put my stuff anywhere without worrying about straddling what would normally be two separate parts.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    They are unpopular and out of fashion, you should unload yours immediately. Just to help you out, I'll trade you a good basic kiss carbine for it, as I would not want you to suffer further humiliation from ownership!

Sent from my PRC-104 using phonetics

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I think they are still a good choice, I think they dropped the ball with their skinny/light rail though. They should have gone with a keymod rail.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    It's not trendy, but if good-shooting, reliable workhorses are "relevant" then yes.

If you're looking...
    https://www.rainierarms.com/upper/co...pers/ar-15?p=2

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast