Thread: LWRC REPR Question

Feedback Score

LWRC REPR Question

I was watching a video today and a man had LWRC REPR. The price tag of said REPR was $5000. The man was shooting it at 1000 yards. Here is my question. What makes a semi auto able to perform out to that distance? What I mean is, I know exactly what to do to a bolt gun to squeeze every single minute of accuracy out of it. What I want to know is what makes those rifles worth $5000 and what makes them accurate out to 1000 Yrds? I know the obvious answers will be get a great barrel and a great trigger etc.... There will also be people who will write a three paragraph answer and say absolutely nothing that makes any sense. I am curious if anyone here knows the answer to my specific question.Not rambling on about "Why do you want that, get a Larue!" I am looking for honest knowledge here. I am interested in the subject and I am trying to learn. I would be willing to speak with someone offline or even pay someone to teach me how to build rifles like that. PM me if you want to discuss this in private. Anyway I look forward to reading your answers.

Feedback Score
    Good barrel and trigger, free floated handguard, tight fit between barrel extension and upper receiver I even lock tight them together, possibly a heavy walled upper reciever will aid in accuracy. I have 5 AR's 4 with standard upper receivers and the most accurate has a heavy walled slick side DPMS upper so there maybe something to that claim. I can with the right handload get to 1000 yards with a 20" barreled AR-15 a longer barrel would make it a bit easer. This is with mag length ammo. There is a good article on accurate shooter website on accurizing AR's the article was with a 204 AR-15 it's worth a read.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No LWRC is worth $5000.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    Last REPR I saw was in the $3500 range. Was that including glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    KansasWoodguy,
    I tried to find the article on accurate shooter but there are several articles on there about the .204 can you be a bit more specific?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well, with a properly assembled AR with a free floating rail, the barrel is basically the only component that will effect mechanical accuracy.

Add in a trigger and good optics and that's basically all you need.

You don't need a $5000 REPR to do it. You don't need a $4500 SR-25 either. But there are other things to pay for in a rifle besides accuracy.

Feedback Score
    http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek090.html

Sorry wrong website here is the article.

For a budget precision build the DPMS 223 Rem chambered barrels are very good, I have two of them they are no BS sub MOA capable. I have a Lother Warther that has a very rough chamber not really impressed with it because of that but it can shoot. My WOA barrel is very good I would not hesitate to buy another. I also have a Kreiger in an AR-10 that is very good. My old Bushmaster NATO chambered Hbar is a 2 MOA gun with most ammo but with the right handload I can get MOA maybe a bit better. For the best accuracy go 223 Rem or 223 Wylde chambered non chrome lined. There is a cheap set screw mod on YouTube to take the creap out of a mil spec trigger it's ok for bench work I would not use it for hunting or tactical use but it's cheap and will help eliminate the horrible mil spec trigger (what to me feels like dragging a refrigerator accross a gravel driveway) Giessle high speed national match if you want the best aftermarket.