Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your "Beater/Truck rifle"?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Youre absolutely right. The respectful nature of my comments has slammed you into a defensive corner to use derrogatory terminilogy to demean the topic. I am the one starting crap. I need a mod to delete this

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Is this a thread where guys talk about the $600 Ruger and S&W ARs out there? I believe those are the most common inexpensive Big Box ARs that Joe Sixpack is likely to see, although I haven't been in a gun shop in a minute nor am I up to date on what Bushmaster and Olympic Arms are pooping out these days.

I purchased several Aero Precision ARs on deep discount from Brownell's for that roughly the same price. Cheapest ARs I've ever bought.
    Last edited by StrikeFace; 03-31-16 at 14:54.
    Instructions: Remain calm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A bone stock 6920 is as "cheap" as I would go.

Part of me wants a Wyndham Dissipator for like a truck/camp/screw around gun.

ETA Just because I like the look and profile. Probably just the upper though
    Last edited by Firefly; 03-31-16 at 14:54.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikeFace View Post
    Is this a thread where guys talk about the $600 Ruger and S&W ARs out there?

I believe those are the most common inexpensive Big Box ARs that Joe Sixpack is likely to see, although I haven't been in a gun shop in a minute nor am I up to date on what Bushmaster and Olympic Arms are pooping out these days.

I purchased several Aero Precision ARs on deep discount from Brownell's for that roughly the same price. Cheapest ARs I've ever bought.
    Wow, it only took 2 pages for someone to figure out...

I have a couple of PSA "Premium" builds to go along with my "higher" value Colt and two BCM's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Go ahead. I had a Diamondback this summer, got it in the cash needed part if the trade. I am starting to scavenge for parts. Dont k ow whats worth while skipping over. Trying to put a few together on the lower end. Didnt know if it was cheaper to buy one out right

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When BCM has lpks in ill be using one in my crappy build.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have an M&P Sport that I believe has a little over 1500 rounds, maybe 2000, through it. It's been fine.

It's the only cheap AR I'd buy, and I didn't buy it as a tool anyway... When I figured out that I wanted an AR to rely on and really start training around, I got a BCM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    Wow, it only took 2 pages for someone to figure out...

I have a couple of PSA "Premium" builds to go along with my "higher" value Colt and two BCM's.
    As do I.

To the OP---this kit was on PSA's site last week for $599, add a lower and MBUS and you're under $700 even in today's market (I got this about 3 years ago):

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    As do I.

To the OP---this kit was on PSA's site last week for $599, add a lower and MBUS and you're under $700 even in today's market (I got this about 3 years ago):

I will look into that. I aready have 1 set of receivers and 2 lowers. The a1 olympic upper is going to be a x39 build. Dont see the sense in dimping copious amounts of cash into that. I got the stripped upper for next to nothing.

Feedback Score
    I have a CMMG that was a steaming pile of crap. Now it is merely a pile of crap after some upgrades, but no longer steaming.

I regret buying it. Should have educated myself a lot more back in 2005 when I bought it.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast