Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR-15 Build #40 is finally done

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebarracuda View Post
    Good news friend! Your BRD is terminal... Nice build.
    Thank you. One good thing, BRD will not kill me like 100 pounds of extra fat nearly did a couple years ago. The fat is gone and I am still here.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Agreed! Excellent trade sir!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I finally got a digital scale. Here are the actual weights.

With scope/mount and empty 30-round PMAG - 9 lbs. 5.3 oz.
    Without scope/mount - 7 lbs. 11 oz.
    Without scope/mount and magazine - 7 lbs. 6.4 oz.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Well guys, I have just completed one of the nicest and most expensive builds I have ever done. It only took a few months. While I was waiting to finish this one, I built two more in the meantime. Here it is.

]
    Build # 40, while building this expensive one, I built two more in the meantime...

Whatever it is you do for a living. I want to do it too. Inflight Rocket Repair - I don't care. Underwater Submarine Propellor Inspector - Doesn't matter. I want to build 40 AR's too!!!!!!
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gorgeous build. Giving me ideas...
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Build # 40, while building this expensive one, I built two more in the meantime...

Whatever it is you do for a living. I want to do it too. Inflight Rocket Repair - I don't care. Underwater Submarine Propellor Inspector - Doesn't matter. I want to build 40 AR's too!!!!!!
    I am actually retired. To fund these builds, I sold several other firearms I had that I found no other reason to keep. I had them for many years and enjoyed having them, but they needed a new home where someone would enjoy them even more and give them a lot more usage that I gave them. Not to worry. I still have a lot more. I have pretty much dwindled things down to keepers (about 100 guns).

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    I am actually retired. To fund these builds, I sold several other firearms I had that I found no other reason to keep. I had them for many years and enjoyed having them, but they needed a new home where someone would enjoy them even more and give them a lot more usage that I gave them. Not to worry. I still have a lot more. I have pretty much dwindled things down to keepers (about 100 guns).
    You sir are my hero. My fantasy dream of winning the Texas lotto and Kyle Lamb becoming my neighbor/friend doesn't even have 100 firearms in them.

I'm really glad you are enjoying your retirement sir. That 's the way to do it - retiring to do something you love. Well done.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well guys, I got it out to the range this morning. I am well pleased. Naturally, the LaRue Stealth barrel is very accurate. The recoil was extremely light, as it should have been. The SLR Rifleworks Synergy BCF 5.56 Mod 1 and the BCM A5 Intermediate Buffer System Assembly worked very well together with the mid-length 18" LaRue barrel. The Elftmann Tactical 3 Gun Single Stage Curved Bow Modular Trigger is crisp and light (about 2.5 lbs.). The VORTEX Strike Eagle scope was great. Every penny spent was well worth the end product. Now, I need to spend more time with it.

Feedback Score
    Very nice, I'm working on a LW build myself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12