Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: SCAR 17 or HK 762-Fast advice!!!!

Feedback Score
    One more thing....this BS issue over a reciprocating charging handle is funny...every AK, Galil , Uzi, Valmet, FN FNC, FAL M1, M1 carbine, Garand, Thompson....etc have RICIPORCATING charging handles....where is the problem or outrage! Or just hearsay by 25 year old bloggers

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by im.runandgun View Post
    Why would anyone pick a AR clone over a SCAR unless you are neck deep in Stoner parts and method of operation habit?

Nothing like coming in more than a month after the decision and running your mouth.

Feedback Score
    One more thing....this BS issue over a reciprocating charging handle is funny...every AK, Galil , Uzi, Valmet, FN FNC, FAL M1, M1 carbine, Garand, Thompson....etc have RICIPORCATING charging handles....where is the problem or outrage! Or just hearsay by 25 year old bloggers
    Here is the opinion of a 20+ year SOF veteran who carried a SCAR 17 to war, and was able to shoot the very first batch of SCARs that came out in 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M
    The side charging handle is a design feature that just plain pisses me off. There is no need for it, yet there it remains. As for being a "self correcting" problem, well.......it is, for those who hit their hand on it once. But there is shit in the real world that doesn't exist on the range. Shooting from underneath a car flat out sucks with the SCAR. If the handle doesn't hit the ground, the car, or your gear, you probably aren't hitting your intended target either. I semi-solved the issue by cutting it in half, and stippling it up with a soldering iron. Still, there exists a SCAR with a captured charging handle.
    Despite being a fan of the SCAR, he did not buy one for personal use:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M
    I like the SCAR and would grab one for serious work if it warranted a 7.62mm. But when it came time to spend my money I chose the [LaRue PredatAR].
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Here is the opinion of a 20+ year SOF veteran who carried a SCAR 17 to war, and was able to shoot the very first batch of SCARs that came out in 2005:
    Great...an actual user with an opinion.....and thank you for your service to the Republic

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Let's see some pics! I see that the original pics were pulled from that other site.. curious to see what your rifle looks like. Even if you don't have a scope yet..
    There were no original pictures. Those here were stolen from there: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk4...ml#post1596993

Rifle never existed as described by OP and certainly not in US.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    There were no original pictures. Those here were stolen from there: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk4...ml#post1596993

Rifle never existed as described by OP and certainly not in US.
    I think he was trying to give the OP a chance to remove his foot from his mouth without being confrontational about it.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    There was always a chance that OP was scammed, but he decided to not clarify if that was the case. His choice.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    That last statement let me know you actually know nothing about the subject...complement retracted....just another he said she said keyboard jockey

Feedback Score
    That last statement let me know you actually know nothing about the subject...complement retracted....just another he said she said keyboard jockey

He offered counter points to your statement from a resource we all respect. Attacking him because he was trying to discuss the topic with you doesn't change the quality of the post or invalidate the SME's opinion.

God Bless,

Brandon

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)

Stop with the personal attacks and bickering if you want to remain on this site. That's about as clear as I can be.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast