Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Range Report with SR-25 APC M-Lok

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bet the groups tighten up after 50 to 100 rounds. Very nice rifle, no very very nice rifle. I was looking at those off sets for my gun. They are a little spendy, but oh so nice.

Congrats on the KAC!
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I bet the groups tighten up after 50 to 100 rounds. Very nice rifle, no very very nice rifle. I was looking at those off sets for my gun. They are a little spendy, but oh so nice.

Congrats on the KAC!
    Thanks! I really really enjoy it so far. I also think it will tighten up some. Here is a pic of the front of the rifle with the clamp on offset right at first assembly. They are by far my favorite over the older KAC offset and the other few brands I have used. Only had to adjust the front post very slightly to get zero. Cant complain about that!

Attachment 38764
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Finally was able to have some time to shoot my new rifle today. Its a SR-25 APC MLOK with.. Steiner Mx5i 3-15x50mm MSR reticle in Mil/Mil. 34mm KAC 19moa mount. MAMS muzzle device. KAC clamp on offset sights. KAC bubble level/anti cant device. Geissele SD-E trigger. Surefire M300C with SR05 switch. KAC Mlok offset scout mount. Picture of rifle is below.

Attachment 38745

First impressions.. Fit and finish is outstanding. I don't think I can say a bad thing about it out of the box. Ok maybe the grip I'm not the most fond of.. Still saving up for something else. The URX4 Mlok is one of my new favorites. Feels like my Geissele MK1 and 3 rails. Not too fat, but not too skinny like the BCM KMR. Not as heavy in hand as I was thinking out of the box. Until I bolted everything on, added quite a bit of weight. I could go into detail about the bolt on stuff, MD, irons, scope, etc, but I'm not going to review all of those here unless specific questions come about.

Today was sunny in the 60s. Blowing wind, swirling, and between 15-25mph constantly. Oh well, what can you do. Ammo was FGMM 175gr. Shooting off a table with bags.

First 5 rounds down range were to try to even get on paper. Was only able to use the 100, so good thing I had someone spot for me. Had to give it roughly 7 mills at 100 meters to get on paper. 19moa scope mount and its kinda what I expected. This is my first gas 308 rifle. I have always shot bolt rifles in anything larger then your standard 5.56 AR. So this rifle is my first 308 gas gun. Right out of the gate, I thought it felt like a overgassed, suppressed 5.56 rifle. I'm sure the MAMS helps keep this tamed down. I am impressed. I thought it would be worse of a "buck" if you will.

Next 3 rounds looked like this...

Attachment 38744

Ok so now I know it can shoot. Made a few adjustments and shot the rest of what was in my mag.. 6 rounds.

Attachment 38746

My test target came in at .997 so Maybe someone can take all these photos and plug them into a calculator for me... Please and Thank you. Let it rest for a few minutes and was messing around with a buddies 5.56 who bought some Sprinco Springs to test out. So back at the SR25. I loaded up 8 rounds in my mag and gave it a go again. I was trying to "time" the gusts of wind as it was so inconsistent. Times it had to be 30+ blowing sand into everything and pulling all the cardboard stapled to 2x4s off the stands.. Don't think it ever got below 15mph. I gave it .2 mils and shot my group. It wasn't the best, but it will work. 3 rounds touching, and another 3 of the rounds are all stacked in one hole almost. Felt ok about that. Bottom left was 1st round. Just right of center was second. Vertical 3 were 3-5. 6-8 were upper right in same hole almost. 8 rounds total.

Attachment 38747

I did some steel plate shooting after this for about 30 rounds and passed the rifle back and forth for few others to shoot. Went back one last time to paper and shot this group.

Attachment 38748

So that's it for now. Not the ideal shooting conditions for groups, but you just have to take what your dealt. Didn't have time to shoot it more at distance. Just enough to get it close for today. I will report back after I have time to get it out again. Hopefully a no wind day to get a better idea of what the rifle (and I) can do. Thanks to Jack (KAC) for the info and recommendation of the APC.
    Good shooting, amigo. Would like to run yours side-by-side with my MWS. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Hit me up.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Which knights off sets are those? I don't think I saw those on the web site I was looking. Those look great.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Good shooting, amigo. Would like to run yours side-by-side with my MWS. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Hit me up.
    Sounds like a plan. I'll give you a shout in the next few weeks and we'll go shoot.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Which knights off sets are those? I don't think I saw those on the web site I was looking. Those look great.
    These are the new clamp on offsets. Little more sturdy then the previous ones where they sit flush in the rail slots. They are still low profile enough. No complaints. And I prefer the attachment method.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-05-16 at 05:30.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    The MAMS help a lot in the reticle lift aspect, but doesn't do much to help precision. Probably adds 0.1-0.3 MOA to extreme spread.
    With a good break-in and de-coppering, I'd expect that barrel to shed 0.2 MOA by around 2500 rounds.
    Definitely recommend changing the SOPMOD to something that works better with a rear bag if you want to make rear bag integration more efficient.
    The Anti-Cant device might need shimming to level to your reticle, aluminum foil works well for that, FYI.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    The MAMS help a lot in the reticle lift aspect, but doesn't do much to help precision. Probably adds 0.1-0.3 MOA to extreme spread.
    With a good break-in and de-coppering, I'd expect that barrel to shed 0.2 MOA by around 2500 rounds.
    Definitely recommend changing the SOPMOD to something that works better with a rear bag if you want to make rear bag integration more efficient.
    The Anti-Cant device might need shimming to level to your reticle, aluminum foil works well for that, FYI.
    Thanks Jack. I appreciate the info. I think I have the level and reticle pretty dead nuts right now. Spent probably too much time doing it, but wanted to make it right. I didn't see much copper after the first 5 rounds. Shot 20 after that and copper was very very minimal. I prob have an additional 40 through it after that. Have not cleaned it since Sat after the last 40. Didn't want to over clean, but not seeing much copper after the first 2 times, I was just going to run it. Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Why did you choose the APC over the ACC.

I wish the barrel was chrome lined.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Thanks Jack. I appreciate the info. I think I have the level and reticle pretty dead nuts right now. Spent probably too much time doing it, but wanted to make it right. I didn't see much copper after the first 5 rounds. Shot 20 after that and copper was very very minimal. I prob have an additional 40 through it after that. Have not cleaned it since Sat after the last 40. Didn't want to over clean, but not seeing much copper after the first 2 times, I was just going to run it. Thoughts?
    Good to hear that the reticle and level are in parallel. I get the question frequently and wanted to ensure that folks understand the relationship.
    Also good to hear that you understand the break-in procedure. Wear (not associated with break-in) will improve overall precision, and it seems like you have a good grasp on the important parts of performance.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast