Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First Range Report with SR-25 APC M-Lok

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    With a good break-in and de-coppering, I'd expect that barrel to shed 0.2 MOA by around 2500 rounds.
    what does break in and de coppering procedure look like?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Well I finally got back out today to shoot the SR-25 some more. Had a pretty warm warming in the high 80's low 90s. Little to no wind, and bright sunny day. Main goal was to shoot some new hand loads out of the 300 WM but brought the SR-25 to get a few mags down range.

First group here was 10 rounds, about 10 seconds between rounds.. First cold bore round was the top left, and then it went from bottom to top, with the 10th round the far top right. The vertical rise seems to be consistent with the temperature increase. 2-9 I will take all day long.

Attachment 40811

Second 10 round group was immediately after the first 10. Moved to next target below, and maybe 2 minutes down time to get situated. The second 10 round group was not nearly as tight, and I contribute that on heat of the barrel. The next 5 all in one inch again, and the following 5 in this group was rounds 16-20 and went upper right, back down to center right, and then just off the bulls.

Attachment 40814

I then grabbed my 13.7 Noveske SBR and shot about 4 touching rounds. Same trigger, but less mag optic, just to make sure I could still kind of shoot... First cold bore round I shot into the dirt back stop, and shot the remaining 4 on paper. Mk262's

Attachment 40812

Target change, let the rifle sit for a while, and picked back up the SR25 and shot another 10 rounds. The first 5 always seem to be right at 1 inch and then it doesn't hold as tight after 6 or 7. The first 5 rounds group very similar each time. And I am good with that. This last group had much more horizontal movement. Why.. I don't know. Starts just north of center and creeps up and right slowly.

Attachment 40813

Others see groups like this when shooting into 10-20 rounds at a time? If I just stopped at 5 rounds, they would have all been 1moa groups.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 08-03-16 at 16:16.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The more rounds you shoot the larger the group will be.

Most the "sub-MOA all day" crowd are guys that think 3-shot groups are statistically significant. If you can hold a 10 shot group ~1 MOA you've got a good combo. With barrel heat, chamber soak, etc 10-20rd groups will never look like a 5rd group.

On a second note, I think I've decided the 20" APR is going to be my next rifle. I wonder if they can be special ordered with a chrome lined barrel and an older rail like the URX II or 3.1?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Yea I hear ya. I am always after that 10 round 1moa group. But then again, a 16 inch 308 gas gun probably isn't the one to do it with. For this rifle I am very, very pleased with 1moa 5 round groups. I have the QDC suppressor coming for this thing also, so its going to be even more fun to shoot.

Haven't had much time to get out and shoot, but next time I am going to open it up a little, and get out to 500+.

I plan to take a SPR/DMR class with this rifle here in the next year or so, and I am excited to put it through its paces more then just paper punching from a bench.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 08-03-16 at 16:14.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have to say with me, I don't know if it's the me or the gun. Don't think both do as well after 5. My patients weakens and concentration goes and my time in between shots shortens and my groups grow.

Shot my LMT for shit last weekend. It was partly the Ammo were test rounds. And it was 150,000 degrees in the desert of AZ. NEXT WEEK : I bought some German MEN 147 grain slamming ammo. I heard the 556 version was legit, so I'm going to see if I can get this stuff to group. 1.5 inches would impress me.

I also still have not shot enough to know whether my MWS shoots better with can or without. Still playing, still figuring stuff out. It's part of the fun, but good real good groups need to surface. The best loads we shot were our bolt gun super hot primer popping loads. No Bueno !

I agree, a 16 CL gas gun is not your ideal precision weapon, but it's one bad ass piece of hardware.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-03-16 at 17:40.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    The MAMS help a lot in the reticle lift aspect, but doesn't do much to help precision. Probably adds 0.1-0.3 MOA to extreme spread.
    With a good break-in and de-coppering, I'd expect that barrel to shed 0.2 MOA by around 2500 rounds.
    Definitely recommend changing the SOPMOD to something that works better with a rear bag if you want to make rear bag integration more efficient.
    The Anti-Cant device might need shimming to level to your reticle, aluminum foil works well for that, FYI.
    Are there any stocks you particularly like that are good with a rear bag? The ACS-L looks like it has a much longer bottom interface at the rear?

Once I'm loaded up on the bipod I love holding a bag in my left hand and squeezing/releasing to minutely adjust elevation.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falar View Post
    Are there any stocks you particularly like that are good with a rear bag? The ACS-L looks like it has a much longer bottom interface at the rear?

Once I'm loaded up on the bipod I love holding a bag in my left hand and squeezing/releasing to minutely adjust elevation.
    I really like the STR overall.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm just curious as to how the long term testing and experiences have been with your rifle. I'm looking to purchase one in the near future.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234