Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings!

Feedback Score

Greetings!

I've been a longtime lurker but recently purchased my first AR. I bought a brand new Colt LE6920. I would like to get a spare BCG and wondered what would be a good budget BCG. After buying 20 Okay 30 round mags and a good rifle case my budget is a little streched. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by meezerdad View Post
    I've been a longtime lurker but recently purchased my first AR. I bought a brand new Colt LE6920. I would like to get a spare BCG and wondered what would be a good budget BCG. After buying 20 Okay 30 round mags and a good rifle case my budget is a little streched. Thanks.
    Here is a recommendation.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/5-56...ier-group.html
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Check Out TOOLCRAFT. I bought one for a spare and like it.........

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Just an idea here, but would just a spare bolt suffice for your needs? I believe the bolt carrier is not really considered a wear part. For the $70 spent on a budget BCG, you could get a known quality bolt, like BCM or Sionics.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Just an idea here, but would just a spare bolt suffice for your needs? I believe the bolt carrier is not really considered a wear part. For the $70 spent on a budget BCG, you could get a known quality bolt, like BCM or Sionics.
    Yes. Absolutely.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    This gentleman offers you wise counsel.

I keep a spare NP3-treated Sionics BCG in a heat-sealed polymer bag with a light coat of lube on it. Cut it open, and it's ready to go.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Listen to your Jedi master. You bought a high quality rifle. Why not replace parts with top quality as well?

Get a spare bolt from Colt, BCM, etc.

Feedback Score
    Just buy a spare Colt bolt. About $99 new and 1/2 that for good used one. $175 or less should get you a new Colt complete BCG. If you must save money there are plenty of good mil-spec BCG's for 69-89$. But be aware Colt parts are going up.....

Feedback Score
    I like and support these sensible comments..... I have a few colts.... a Stag upper build I’ve had and shot for 15yrs....(got it from Rainier when Michael H was changing comps on his living room floor!!!!) for small parts I went with Specialized Arms Colt parts. Went with Stag for a spare BCG that is HPT’d and two of their bolts... Watch Learn and Listen here

H
    Last edited by hoveyh; 10-25-19 at 21:59.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast