Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

Feedback Score

LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

I did a thread title search on this trigger and came up with a blank. What are the experienced thoughts on this trigger?
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingspar View Post
    I did a thread title search on this trigger and came up with a blank. What are the experienced thoughts on this trigger?

Installs like a trigger, and doesn't feel bad.

If you are looking for outstanding triggers that are known to be durable and reliable, as well as come in various configurations, you may also want to check out Wilson Combat and their TTU series, Geissele (obviously), or CMC Triggers.
    Last edited by Stickman; 04-04-16 at 20:14.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Wow. 188 views only one reply? Is this trigger that bad??

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Installs like a trigger, and doesn't feel bad.

If you are looking for outstanding triggers that are known to be durable and reliable, as well as come in various configurations, you may also want to check out Wilson Combat and their TTU series, Geissele (obviously), or CMC Triggers.
    The Geissele SSA has been my number one choice for some time, but I choke at the price. They had some “Blems” available a year or so ago for $110. I should have jumped on it. I haven’t seen any “Blems” offered since and they don’t answer questions about them. There is another current thread with a lot of triggers mentioned, and I have them all bookmarked, but nothing much said on the LaRue trigger, so I had to ask. Never heard of CMC Triggers, but now have that one bookmarked also. Thank you.

Putting a scope on the gun a few months ago is what got me looking at triggers again.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    [SIZE=3]Wow. 188 views only one reply? Is this trigger that bad?
    So I'm just guessing, but I'd wager the lack of responses is based on the probability this trigger isn't widely used by the folks on this forum, who seem to primarily be in one of 3 camps:

Camp 1: "shoot the piss out of the stock trigger, and it will get better..."

Camp 2: "why screw around with guessing when Geissele triggers work great and are a proven entity?"

Camp 3: "yeah, I wanted a better trigger than the gritty mil spec that came with my rifle/LPK, but didn't want to pay for an SSA, so I bought an ALG-ATC/QMS, Sionics, or a BCM improved mil spec...I'm good to go..."

Again, I'm guessing, but I'd believe 95% of folks here fit into one of these camps. But I could be wrong....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Camp 1. cheap ass.

Feedback Score
    You can find lots of reviews of the LaRue MBT over at the "other" AR forum. Most people seem to like them. As others have said you can't really go wrong with a Geissele. If you want to save some money you might also look at RRA National Match triggers. I have installed them in 2 separate AR's and like them a lot. Not quite as good as a Giesele but you can sometimes find the RRA on sale for around $70. I have heard of a few complaints about their reliability, but I've put a couple of thousand rounds through each of my AR's with no issues.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    check out ground zero precision. they have some lpks that I am considering that have some neat looking triggers. neat looking as in price and function.

Rise Armament. That's the trigger I am thinking of. 122 for the trigger or 145 for the trigger and lpk. you get what you pay for, but it could be a decent product as well. The LPK may not be worth a damn, but to have the rest of the parts for an oops kit may not be bad either.
    Last edited by Jpoe88; 04-05-16 at 16:25.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have one in my 18" AR. The closest comparison would be to a Geissele SSA trigger. I like it for precision shooting. First stage is clean to break point. It breaks a little crisper than the SSA and the face of the trigger bow is flat instead of convex, (the SSA is slightly convex) which I personally prefer when shooting for precision. LaRue ran a promotion on the MBT last year and sold them for $125. IMPO, the trigger is worth all of that.

NC

Wow. 188 views only one reply? Is this trigger that bad??

The Geissele SSA has been my number one choice for some time, but I choke at the price. They had some “Blems” available a year or so ago for $110. I should have jumped on it. I haven’t seen any “Blems” offered since and they don’t answer questions about them. There is another current thread with a lot of triggers mentioned, and I have them all bookmarked, but nothing much said on the LaRue trigger, so I had to ask. Never heard of CMC Triggers, but now have that one bookmarked also. Thank you.

Putting a scope on the gun a few months ago is what got me looking at triggers again.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I like mine.

I don't know enough about triggers to give any real insight but it's very crisp and take-up/slack, to me, seems pretty long but that's fine because as soon as you hit the wall it breaks super crisp.

Only other non-GI trigger I've used is the 3.5# CMC flat and I feel the CMC has faster splits but it is a single stage so that might have something to do with it.

MBT was definitely worth the $125, I don't think I would've even considered one at the original $250 price though and was going to get the SD-E but grabbed the LaRue on sale and grabbed a lower for less than what the SD-E would be.

I'm happy I did.
    Last edited by bb223; 04-05-16 at 16:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one on order.

From the research I've done, the only thing that sucks about it is the long wait (unless you wanna pay extra).

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast