Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
    Does anybody know if these will run in a 9mm carbine? Specifically with the JP BCG? $87 is pretty hard to pass on, but I know the Geissele I bought made the gun a single shot.
    It didn’t work well with my JP bolt. I run a Colt upper and a DDLES lower.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehammer69 View Post
    In your opinion, how do you think it compares to the SSA?
    My opinion on the trigger, jest it is a great trigger for the money. Break is good, has a small bit of roll to it, but lacks any grit and breaks well. I prefer the SSA for a few reasons. First, the break is a bit better, reset is much better and for me, the feel of the MBT is just a bit odd. The wider trigger shoe, with the squared edges is something I’m still trying to get used to. I have two of the Larue triggers in carbines that don’t get shot a great deal. For the money, yes it’s a good trigger. For the money, I believe there are better options......for me.

Triggers, like stocks, grips, slings and optics are a rather personable item. I hate to say it, but you really need to try it for yourself and see how it works for you.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehammer69 View Post
    In your opinion, how do you think it compares to the SSA?
    I have two rifles with SSA, two with SSA-E and one with an MBT. Though the role of the rifles are different, I will say that I find the MBT comparable to the SSA-E. Swapping from the SSA-E to the MBT in a precision rifle, I did not see a drop off in accuracy at all. Also, the flat face of the MBT makes finger placement a little better. To me, the MBT is more crisp on the break than the SSA. I have a hard time deciding which is more crisp, SSA-E or MBT.

My only concern is that the SSA/SSA-E have a lot of miles on them by a lot of trigger pullers. Is the MBT as reliable? I don't know. I may pick another one up for $87 and see how well it does in a 3 day class.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post

My only concern is that the SSA/SSA-E have a lot of miles on them by a lot of trigger pullers. Is the MBT as reliable? I don't know. I may pick another one up for $87 and see how well it does in a 3 day class.
    That's been my dilemma as well. I love the idea of the $87 trigger, and I really do like the flat shoe and overall fee of the MBT. It really is incredibly close to my SSA-E. But I don't know if it can be trusted the same way my SSA or SSA-E can. Time will tell, I suppose.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I went through the same logic tree recently.

The results as another Bill Geissele product, an SSA-E from PSA on sale for $179.00

Feedback Score
    All of this himming and hawing about "is it as good as..." For $87, if you need a trigger for a lower, what the hell do you have to lose? If it is ANYTHING like a G2S, you saved $30-40. If it is like an SSA/SSA-E, you saved around $100.

If you know that the SSA-E is the shit, and you have an SPR you're building, then quit messing around with an MBT2S and get your SSA-E.

Seriously. Lots of waffling about a part that is priced so aggressively, from such a ridiculously reliable source, that it is absurd to navel gaze over. Buy one and find out, or get an SSA/E and drive on.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    All of this himming and hawing about "is it as good as..." For $87, if you need a trigger for a lower, what the hell do you have to lose? If it is ANYTHING like a G2S, you saved $30-40. If it is like an SSA/SSA-E, you saved around $100.

If you know that the SSA-E is the shit, and you have an SPR you're building, then quit messing around with an MBT2S and get your SSA-E.

Seriously. Lots of waffling about a part that is priced so aggressively, from such a ridiculously reliable source, that it is absurd to navel gaze over. Buy one and find out, or get an SSA/E and drive on.
    LaRuemasterrace nickel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Reliability? The thing is made of S7 tool steel and there has been no reports of light hammer strikes.

I'm not sure what would fail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    It didn’t work well with my JP bolt. I run a Colt upper and a DDLES lower.
    Thanks much. You just cut the number I need to buy by one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dramabeats View Post
    Reliability? The thing is made of S7 tool steel and there has been no reports of light hammer strikes.

I'm not sure what would fail.
    I don't what they are at now, was 145,000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0LF_bZnOz0
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast