Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    Thsnks op I have been debating on triggers as well,and this thread has helped my thoughts! I await your thoughts on the ssa!
    My SAA has shipped. Not sure when I’ll get it installed and out to the range, but I’ll update this when I do.
    Last edited by wingspar; 05-06-16 at 01:35.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have sold all my geissele's, and replaced them with LaRue's.... except the $190 High Speed match I picked up on black friday. The LaRue MBT BLOWS all the Geissele's out of the water at $125. The only Geissele that I actually "kind of" like better is the High Speed Match/DMR.

The LaRue, even though the numbers say it is 1+lbs heaver than a SSA-E, feels much better and has a much more pronounced wall and predictable break. I've got 4 MBT's with the lighter springs install, and my 2 home defense guns have the heavier springs.

If you are in the market for a good AR trigger and are thinking Geissele, you are cheating yourself by ignoring the LaRue.

I'm glad a company finally came along and burst the trigger price bubble...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    So it was $250, then $125, then it is $200, but it is really $125 unless I actually want it in a timely manner?

I had an industry friend comment to me that he would never lower the price on his rails, this was probably 10 years ago when everyone wasn't making rails. He said if he did, Larue would lower their rails, and a price war would go back and forth, and that larue would sell things at a loss to spite people and cause damage to companies if he could. Seems something similar is going on here as well.

Or.... most people would ignore the LaRue trigger for a Geissele if it cost the same, or more.

LaRue is easily making money @ $125 still.

Sorry for two posts in a row, but let me summarize my experience with the MBT.

MBT vs SSA-E

MBT
    - Wider trigger face is unique and a pleasant feature. Pressure = Force/Area. To me, even though the LaRue is heavier, it feels right there with the SSA-E if not lighter. I attribute this to the wider face distributing the force. I've already had the pad on my trigger finger go sore with the SSA-E waiting for the wind to die down to break a shot off.

-First Stage : With the lighter, installed, spring the first stage of the MBT is clearly lighter and in my opinion it is also smoother.

-1-2 Stages: There is an obvious difference between the stages, and why I point this out will be more obvious later

-Second Stage: On paper the MBT is heavier than the SSA-E, I never really noticed this while shooting

-The Wall : The wall of the MBT is its defining feature for me. It is as obvious as it can be. This is important to me, because many times I have been shooting small groups, prone at the range when I was shooting me SSA-E, and I couldn't tell if i was still pulling the second stage, or I was at the wall and about to break the shot off. I have thrown a bunch of shots with my Geiselle because of this. But with the MBT, this is not a problem. The stages are well defined, and the wall and impossible to miss. You know exactly when your are going to fire off a round.

The LaRue MBT should NOT be compared to a SSA, by the numbers it should... but by what it actualyl feels like; it should be compared to a SSA-E. Of all the forums I have read, I havent really seen many people who have shot a LaRue and a Geissele trigger side by side recommend a Geissele. Most of the people I've seen recommending the Geissele, havent even touched the LaRue.

Do yourself a favor and order a LaRue @ the $125 cost. They dont charge until they ship, and when it finally arrives (apparently 2 months ... its getting REALLY popular) you will wish you tried the LaRue sooner.
    Last edited by InfiniteGrim; 05-06-16 at 02:29.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteGrim View Post
    Or.... most people would ignore the LaRue trigger for a Geissele if it cost the same, or more.

LaRue is easily making money @ $125 still.

Sorry for two posts in a row, but let me summarize my experience with the MBT.

MBT vs SSA-E

MBT
    - Wider trigger face is unique and a pleasant feature. Pressure = Force/Area. To me, even though the LaRue is heavier, it feels right there with the SSA-E if not lighter. I attribute this to the wider face distributing the force. I've already had the pad on my trigger finger go sore with the SSA-E waiting for the wind to die down to break a shot off.

-First Stage : With the lighter, installed, spring the first stage of the MBT is clearly lighter and in my opinion it is also smoother.

-1-2 Stages: There is an obvious difference between the stages, and why I point this out will be more obvious later

-Second Stage: On paper the MBT is heavier than the SSA-E, I never really noticed this while shooting

-The Wall : The wall of the MBT is its defining feature for me. It is as obvious as it can be. This is important to me, because many times I have been shooting small groups, prone at the range when I was shooting me SSA-E, and I couldn't tell if i was still pulling the second stage, or I was at the wall and about to break the shot off. I have thrown a bunch of shots with my Geiselle because of this. But with the MBT, this is not a problem. The stages are well defined, and the wall and impossible to miss. You know exactly when your are going to fire off a round.

The LaRue MBT should NOT be compared to a SSA, by the numbers it should... but by what it actualyl feels like; it should be compared to a SSA-E. Of all the forums I have read, I havent really seen many people who have shot a LaRue and a Geissele trigger side by side recommend a Geissele. Most of the people I've seen recommending the Geissele, havent even touched the LaRue.

Do yourself a favor and order a LaRue @ the $125 cost. They dont charge until they ship, and when it finally arrives (apparently 2 months ... its getting REALLY popular) you will wish you tried the LaRue sooner.
    Totally agree. The SSA is no comparison to the Larue MBT. I have a trigger gauge, and the numbers show it more closely compared to the SSA-E. I have 2 Larue MBT's, and another on order. I prefer the break, feel, and bullet proof construction of the MBT to the SSA-E. My SSA-E stays in my bench gun.....it is OK, but its not as consistent as the MBT, and I don't completely trust the MIM construction of the SSA-E, for duty work. My MBT's are in my duty gun, training gun, and the third one will go in my home defense AR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo45 View Post
    Totally agree. The SSA is no comparison to the Larue MBT. I have a trigger gauge, and the numbers show it more closely compared to the SSA-E. I have 2 Larue MBT's, and another on order. I prefer the break, feel, and bullet proof construction of the MBT to the SSA-E. My SSA-E stays in my bench gun.....it is OK, but its not as consistent as the MBT, and I don't completely trust the MIM construction of the SSA-E, for duty work. My MBT's are in my duty gun, training gun, and the third one will go in my home defense AR.
    geissele triggers are cast (not MIM), as are mil spec triggers.

can you point to any example of an MBT outlasting a geissele?
    Last edited by zackmars; 05-10-16 at 20:49.

Feedback Score
    I'm an SSA-E fan and just installed an MBT last night on a new rifle. Have only dry fired and won't be shooting until this weekend.

It feels very similar to the SSA-E but I can feel every bit of the extra pound of the MBT. Might feel differently after actually firing. We'll see. And I will be comparing them side by side.

I won't be getting rid of the SSA-E.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zackmars View Post

Geissele are milspec triggers? None of my issued milspec M4 and M16 guns had anything that resembled a Geissele. Weird.
    Ok, on the cast part, you may be correct. Cast, MIM, whatever.
    And no, I do not have any long term testing results. Just my own opinion on looking at both designs and constructions. I do have a couple thousand plus rounds on an MBT and its been rock solid so far.
    Last edited by Jimbo45; 05-10-16 at 21:38.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zackmars View Post

No, but I have seen a few threads on G triggers with problems. Here are a few, and there are others on other forums, but I don't want to get banned for linking to other forums. I think thats a no no. Don't get me wrong, I like my SSA-E, and will keep it, but for me, my serious guns will have the MBT inside. Its that good, in my honest opinion.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...fG6F_GhGl8TSBw
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...WYImjo9diM8gkw
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...O1NnwKDNlzZSkA

Feedback Score
    No, but I have seen a few threads on G triggers with problems. Here are a few, and there are others on other forums, but I don't want to get banned for linking to other forums. I think thats a no no. Don't get me wrong, I like my SSA-E, and will keep it, but for me, my serious guns will have the MBT inside. Its that good, in my honest opinion.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...fG6F_GhGl8TSBw
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...WYImjo9diM8gkw
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...O1NnwKDNlzZSkA
    Did you read those threads? Two of them were never updated

Two of them involved people accidentally bump firing their rifles

And one of them involved light primer strikes on milsurp 5.45

Hardly damning evidence.

I'll stick to the triggers that the USSOCOM guys use

Feedback Score
    Geissele are milspec triggers? None of my issued milspec M4 and M16 guns had anything that resembled a Geissele. Weird.
    Ok, on the cast part, you may be correct. Cast, MIM, whatever.
    And no, I do not have any long term testing results. Just my own opinion on looking at both designs and constructions. I do have a couple thousand plus rounds on an MBT and its been rock solid so far.

I missed the first part of your reply

Yes, geissele's are milspec triggers, USSOCOM is a big user. Bu that is not what i meant.

I meant that both USGI triggers and Geissele triggers are cast.

As far as i know, Geissele holds the record for most durable aftermarket FCG, with triggers being tested over 200,000 times.
    Last edited by zackmars; 05-11-16 at 13:12.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast