Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    I like a more rolling break. I tried an MBT and could not shoot it well at all. I do much better with an SSA-E or an SSA.
    I have the same preference and love my SSA-E. But it's great to hear that the MBT is good kit. Especially for the price.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    I've had mine for about a year. I love it.

Super crisp break, but lighter than the advertised 4.5 pounds. Mine breaks between 3.5-4

Feedback Score
    Got some range time with the Geissele SSA Trigger. It is a nice two stage trigger with a clean break. No more gritty creep. However, it is still considered a combat trigger, hence my groups at 100 yards did not improve, but maybe I just need more time with the trigger?

Trigger pull is a consistent 4.0 pounds with my trigger gauge. Below is a quick and dirty photo of the mill spec trigger on the right and the Geissele SSA trigger on the left. This was my first ever trigger install of any kind and it wasn’t all that difficult.

Below are two targets. The one on the left was with the stock Mil-Spec trigger and the one on the right is with the SSA. Both 5 shot groups at 100 yards. The target with the Mil-Spec trigger looks a little better. These were shot with Freedom Munitions 55 grain FMJ.

Below are two more targets. The one on the left with the Mil-Spec trigger and the one on the right with the SSA trigger all done with Privi Partizan PPU 55 grain FMJ. The target on the left shows the PPU ammo circled in blue. The other holes are from something else. The red circles are 2" in diameter. I was impressed with the group with the Mil-Spec trigger, but not impressed with the SSA trigger.

Maybe I just need more time with the trigger? It does make me second guess myself. Should I have gone with the SSA-E or the LaRue MBT-2S. The trigger I started this thread about.

Now, this gun is Not a target rifle, but I think I should expect better groups than these targets show. I get better groups than that at 300 yards with my bolt action .308. Comments welcome.
    Last edited by wingspar; 05-20-16 at 15:53.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I can lay around prone or on a bench and take all day and shoot a nasty mil-spec trigger just as well as an SSA too.

Where the SSA shines is making a good shot NOW. Go shoot at some low probability, moving targets, with a short time window with those triggers and you'll see a huge difference.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingspar View Post
    Now, this gun is Not a target rifle, but I think I should expect better groups than these targets show. I get better groups than that at 300 yards with my bolt action .308. Comments welcome.
    a colt 6920 is not a target rifle and it seems like you're shooting 2 moa ammo... that makes for 2 moa groups at best. that's also assuming that you're using enough magnification, you put that you're using a 4x optic. i'd say that's par for the course regardless of trigger.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=wingspar;2320998]Got some range time with the Geissele SSA Trigger...my groups at 100 yards did not improve, but maybe I just need more time with the trigger?

Below are two targets. The one on the left was with the stock Mil-Spec trigger and the one on the right is with the SSA. Both 5 shot groups at 100 yards. The target with the Mil-Spec trigger looks a little better. These were shot with Freedom Munitions 55 grain FMJ.

Below are two more targets. The one on the left with the Mil-Spec trigger and the one on the right with the SSA trigger all done with Privi Partizan PPU 55 grain FMJ...I was impressed with the group with the Mil-Spec trigger, but not impressed with the SSA trigger.

Maybe I just need more time with the trigger? It does make me second guess myself. Should I have gone with the SSA-E or the LaRue MBT-2S. The trigger I started this thread about.

Now, this gun is Not a target rifle, but I think I should expect better groups than these targets show. I get better groups than that at 300 yards with my bolt action .308. Comments welcome.[/QUOTE

I have the SSA-E, and ALG ACT, RRA NM, LMT Mil-Spec, and even KE Arms DMR. SSA-E is super nice and "as advertised".

But I'd *never* judge any of those based on how they shoot with PPU or other low-grade blasting ammo.
    Go back and compare when shooting with *match* Hornady, Black Hills, Federal, etc.
    You will see the difference on shot #3.

I will never give up the SSA-E. But i *will* be placing an order for the LaRue tonight.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I ordered the LaRue trigger for the $99 Black Friday special. I will replace the SSA-E in my OBR to see which one I like better. Even if the MBT isn't as good as the SSA-E (to me) I have an empty Noveske lower, so it will find a home. If it is as good as the SSA-E, then great. Either way, win-win.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up on the $99 deal. I just ordered one. Whenever it arrives, it will not be replacing any particular trigger since I have a lower awaiting a trigger. It will be in the stable next to rifles equipped with ACT, SSA, SSA-E, and SD-E.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    [QUOTE=jmk;2416855]
    Quote Originally Posted by wingspar View Post
    Got some range time with the Geissele SSA Trigger...my groups at 100 yards did not improve, but maybe I just need more time with the trigger?

Below are two more targets. The one on the left with the Mil-Spec trigger and the one on the right with the SSA trigger all done with Privi Partizan PPU 55 grain FMJ...I was impressed with the group with the Mil-Spec trigger, but not impressed with the SSA trigger.

Now, this gun is Not a target rifle, but I think I should expect better groups than these targets show. I get better groups than that at 300 yards with my bolt action .308. Comments welcome.[/QUOTE

I have the SSA-E, and ALG ACT, RRA NM, LMT Mil-Spec, and even KE Arms DMR. SSA-E is super nice and "as advertised".

But I'd *never* judge any of those based on how they shoot with PPU or other low-grade blasting ammo.
    Go back and compare when shooting with *match* Hornady, Black Hills, Federal, etc.
    You will see the difference on shot #3.

I will never give up the SSA-E. But i *will* be placing an order for the LaRue tonight.
    I shoot the same regardless of the trigger. I typically put 10 rounds of gold dot into 1.5-1.8" at 100 yards from my ddm4 like clockwork. The gun has a geissele super v. I got a buddy of mine a vortex strike eagle the other day, and sighted his rifle in. PSA upper (non chf), and alg qms trigger. I only fired 6 rounds into the final group, but it measured 1.6. I was doing 3 shot groups at 50 to get a rough zero, and often it was just a ragged hole.

Feedback Score
    Ordered on November 28th (Black Friday), received today (January 31st). It's going to be a minute before it gets installed, but it looks nice.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast