Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I just wanted to update. I have gone over to the LT triggers. My groups with it dropped to 1.0X-1.3MOA from my DDM4. That's a .gov profile CHF chrome-lined barrel shooting 75gr GDSP, 10 round groups, no fliers thrown out.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    I picked up the LaRue MBT for $125 a while back and have about 1,500 rounds downrange with it. Dropped right in, all I did was hit the leading edge of the trigger bow with a very fine stone to ease the edge. Compared to the stock mil-spec trigger I had in before and in my wifes gun it's like night and day. Best $125 I've spent.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I replaced a G-SSA in my 7.62 OBR with the MBT when it was on sale for Black Friday. I feel it is just as good as an the SAA-E that I also have. I don't think it's better, different yes but not better. Also, not worse at all.

This past weekend I tried to "Outshoot The Shootist" (La Rue Challange to get a getter 3rd group than the tester) and was able to do it several times including a best of a .375MOA group. I know 3rd isn't a real group, but that's what the challange is.

Anyway, for a price that is half that of an SSA-E I think it's a contender for sure.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I've had my MBT-2S for about 6 months now. It's in my SPR, but I would run it in any AR for that matter. I can't compare to the SSA or SSA-E, the only other 2 stages I use are KAC, and once broken in they are also pretty good triggers. That said I'd chose an MBT any day alone. I took the lower price route and waited no more than two weeks before it was dropped at my door. I live about 30 miles from them, but that doesn't affect their production schedule, just that when they drop it in the mail, I get it the next day.
    For sure it's a really nice trigger. Breaks real clean, reset is reasonable. I'd buy one if I had another build in progress. Which reminds me....
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I bought one a few months back for the "don't mind waiting" price. I have several Geissele triggers (which I consider to be the standard) and I'm very satisfied with the Larue overall. Especially for the price I paid for it.

Feedback Score
    To echo the others in this thread - I'm really impressed with the MBT-2S. I have an SSA in my 6920, and an SSA-E in my Recce style build, and the LaRue has a crisper break than either. Honestly, my SSA-E was disappointing initially, but has improved with use. But I think the MBT will be better for range work. I have installed one in an SBR lower that I just received the stamp on, so dry fire only so far but seems to be a can't miss option imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Larue MBT TRIGGER ?

Like Larue or not, these guys usually make solid gear. I saw an ad where he was selling his MBT for $99.00

Anybody run these triggers ? Thoughts ?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I have a MBT2S in my 6920 and it really surprised me how good it is. I recently got a SSA-E for my BCM which is so light all you to do is breath on the second stage to launch a round. Great bench trigger but the LaRue in my opinion is better suited for personal defense. I wanted to get the SSA for the colt but the $125 standard price on the LaRue was too good to pass up. I have been more than pleased with the MBT2S and with the recent $99 deal it is too good to pass up. I will eventually get a SSA just to test against the MBT2S.
    Last edited by SiGfever; 06-10-17 at 09:32.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Like Larue or not, these guys usually make solid gear. I saw an ad where he was selling his MBT for $99.00

Anybody run these triggers ? Thoughts ?

PB
    PB

I have a LaRue MBT-2S and I find it to be an outstanding trigger. I hate to use all the trigger buzzwords, but it does break super clean. First stage is like running your finger through water. Super light and a very smooth 2nd stage, no grit at all. Reset is good, and it's like that all day every day. It's definitely a better 2 stage Than my KAC, even after break in. When I bought mine from LaRue I was patient and two weeks to the order date it was on my front porch.

I have one in my SPR and it works well there, I wouldn't swap it out for anything I can think of. Also I wouldn't hesitate to run the MBT in my Recce or even my SBR's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I didn't see this thread. A mod put me in the loop. Glad a grabbed this bad boy now. I have a 10.5 LMT I may throw it in

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast