Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

Feedback Score
    I have two MBT's. Larue says they pull at 4.5 pounds with the light spring, but it felt lighter, just like my SSA-E. So I pulled out my trigger gauge and tested both MBT's and they both pulled exactly and consistently at 3.5 pounds. To me it feels almost identical to the SSA-E except for the wider, flat trigger on the MBT. I got them on sale at Larue for $99 each. Well worth it imo. Excellent construction and quality, made from strong S7 tool steel.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    To me the big difference in pull is the first stage. I do think over all the mbt is 4.5lbs. The ssa-e has a much lighter first stage. The mbt and ssa-e have what feels like a very similar second stage.

I think pulling through the heavier first stage of the mbt makes it second stage feel lighter.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I dry fired one at the range yesterday. My AR's have SSA triggers in them. I did not have one of my AR's at the range to compare at the same time.

First thing I noticed was the trigger shoe itself - wide and flat. Much different feel than what I am used to. The only thing I did not "like" was the edges of the trigger did not feel like they were smoothed over at all. It gave kind of a "sharp" feeling.

The first stage seemed really light compared to my SSA. It had a nice break. Reset felt weird, but I am not 100% a fan of the reset on my SSA.

All in all it was a good trigger. Owner said he paid $100. Well worth that price.

Feedback Score
    I was concerned with the edges too but at least when using the butt ugly but highly function A-Peg grip you don't even feel it. I have 4 of the triggers now. Very happy with them.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Robert, Don't feel bad I tried to start a new thread.

A couple guys said they like SSA better because they have a rolling break, what is meant by that? I run SSA in most of my guns, but never thought it to have a rollin break.

PB
    PB - update. So I sold my custom build 308. Not sure if you ever saw that or not. I picked up a 16” LMT MWS upper and paired it up with a Mega MATEN lower. I didn’t want to install the Timney I had in my custom 308 in the new battle rifle, so I picked up another MBT-2S. Was hesitant because I prefer single stage in my fighting guns - but man oh man is that the trigger for this battle rifle or is that the trigger. (it is THE trigger) It’s what I would call The Perfect Trigger for that LMT/Mega grog bowl of freaking awesomeness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have one and like it. Hard to beat considering they are $99 right now.

Feedback Score
    I have one in my BCM and really like it, great trigger at a very fair price. Plus, who doesn't like some Dillo Dust?
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    When they're on sale for $99, it's an impossible deal to beat. I myself like the flat face of the trigger.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ordered one for $99. Still waiting for it to get back in stock but I’m in no rush. I’m looking forward to putting it in my SPR project.

Feedback Score
    This or a G2S seem to be a very popular value choice over a solid polished milspec (e.g. ALG ACT), but without spending SSA$$.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast