Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 vs. Glock 43 vs. Glock 42: which do you prefer?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    42... Surprisingly.

43 is great, but for me, too small for IWB and too large for pocket. If I'm going IWB I'm going 19 or 17. 42 fits very nicely in the pocket.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have had all 3 and a S&W 642. I strongly prefer the 43 in all respects.

26? Might as well carry a 19.

42? Not worth the caliber tradeoff for like 1/8" thinness over the 43.

642? 5 shots and twenty minutes to reload? No thanks.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm a big fan of the 26.

I find it much easier to carry than a 19, yet I shoot it as well as the bigger gun.

The 43 looks great on paper, but in actual practice it doesn't work nearly as well for me.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    >>....but I'd almost have to have the Pearce Grip extension to the factory mags to make it comfortable to shoot.
    <<

The question isn't whether or not it is "comfortable" to shoot, but can you shoot it effectively? It may not feel "normal" or "comfortable" to you - but can you still put rounds on target in a combat-effective manner and time?

You are likely carrying a smaller weapon because of being in a NPE or something similar. Obviously smaller is better - up to a point. Caliber becomes an issue as well, as does body habitus and clothing. Are you willing to (or can you) "dress around" a weapon that isn't quite as small as you might think you need?

Part of the reason I love the G26 is that I can make it whatever I want. Currently it has an X-Grip G19 mag in place in my OWB holster - basically the same as a G19 (with a slightly shortened sight radius). Hell - I could even run a G19 barrel for slightly more velocity if I felt that was needed (I don't). Spare mags can be either 10 (why?), 12, 15 or 17 rounders. IF I need to pocket carry, I drop down to the factory 10 round mag in the gun, and 1 or 2 G17 mags as spares - clothing dependent.

As always - YMMV

john
    Last edited by jmoore; 04-08-16 at 13:34.
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    What's your ankle rig?

I've had many problems in the past with pistols "flopping out" of ankle rigs (I do a lot of walking), and I'm skittish about investing in another.
    I really liked the Galco Ankle glove holster, and unless I see some crazy reviews on something else, it will be what I go with again. I walk quite a bit, as well as kicking high pressure cylinders all day in work boots and I personally never had it flop out. YMMV.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone cut a 19 down to take 26 mags?

I cut my 17 to a 19 grip and it's pretty much perfect for CCW but still a little too large for every situation. I've been eyeing a 43 for alternate summer carry, but I might cut down my backup 19 instead.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    One thing I've been trying to do some research on without much luck is how much the +2 floorplates affect reliability.

I'm one to stick to the "zero" floorplates just because I like to have a place to put my pinky, but this brings up the general question: DO THE PEARCE GRIP EXTENSIONS IN ANY CAPACITY AFFECT RELIABILITY?

Also, I have no experience with these. Are they a bitch to install?
    Never had a problem with the glock branded ones. I believe they stuff G19 springs into the 26 mags to start with so you have built in extra power.

Feedback Score
    If I was to buy a Glock smaller than my 19, it would be the 26.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Just out of curiosity, you guys concealing the 19s...

Are you doing so in fitted dress pants and dress shirts? Polos and khaki shorts (Not cargo khaki shorts, but J Crew type clothing)

I've often found the "I can conceal a G19 as easily as a G43" folks are usually the ones wearing 5.11 gear and ARES belts 24/7, but if you have any sort of social life that statement is just not true.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    One thing I've been trying to do some research on without much luck is how much the +2 floorplates affect reliability.

I'm one to stick to the "zero" floorplates just because I like to have a place to put my pinky, but this brings up the general question: DO THE PEARCE GRIP EXTENSIONS IN ANY CAPACITY AFFECT RELIABILITY?

Also, I have no experience with these. Are they a bitch to install?
    Yea they can be a pain in the ass to install. I hate taking apart glock mags. But I have seen no issues with reliability running the +2. The G26 mags are strongly sprung so there are no issues feeding the last couple rounds.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast