Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 vs. Glock 43 vs. Glock 42: which do you prefer?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Just out of curiosity, you guys concealing the 19s...

Are you doing so in fitted dress pants and dress shirts? Polos and khaki shorts (Not cargo khaki shorts, but J Crew type clothing)

I've often found the "I can conceal a G19 as easily as a G43" folks are usually the ones wearing 5.11 gear and ARES belts 24/7, but if you have any sort of social life that statement is just not true.
    I thought I was one of those guys, honestly, but I have to dress for the G19. Anyone saying the 19 conceals as well as the 43 is just not honest about it. I can conceal the 19 in jeans and a larger than normal t-shirt decently, but not to the level I am comfortable with. I do wear an overshirt button-down when carrying the G19 mostly anymore. I print at the grip. I have never carried the 19 in dress pants. Just jeans, and cargo shorts.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score

Are you doing so in fitted dress pants and dress shirts? Polos and khaki shorts (Not cargo khaki shorts, but J Crew type clothing)

I've often found the "I can conceal a G19 as easily as a G43" folks are usually the ones wearing 5.11 gear and ARES belts 24/7, but if you have any sort of social life that statement is just not true.
    When wearing a suit(tailored), I will IWB a VP9
    When wearing casual cloths, the VP9, G19 or a G26 depending on how much driving I need to do. IWB, OWB or SOB.
    When running to the store or unable to CCW, I throw a Kahr CW380 into my pocket. It is THE perfect pocket 380. Makes a great rear jean pocket gun for going to movies or the like.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I'm 5'9" 165 lbs. Wear a medium shirt and 32x32 jeans. I normally wear Gap, Old Navy or Express jeans. Lots of printed T-shirts (Chive and other occasionally inappropriate for work wear, nothing that screams carrying a gun) and polos from Express or Gap.

G19 conceals just fine IWB with a Milt Sparks rig, and spare mag.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Don't have the 26, but between the 43 and 42 I stuck with the 42. For my needs the 42 conceals much better than the 43. Oddly, the slight difference in size and balance between the 2 make a huge difference for me and my body shape (fat ass). The 42 can go smart carry, appendix (belt or gym shorts) and pocket. For the times when I can't make the VP9 work the 42 firms my needs well.

Feedback Score
    I have had all 3 and a S&W 642. I strongly prefer the 43 in all respects.

26? Might as well carry a 19.

42? Not worth the caliber tradeoff for like 1/8" thinness over the 43.

642? 5 shots and twenty minutes to reload? No thanks.
    Strongly agree, except that even though I'm a Glock guy and my duty weapon is a 17, I like the Shield better than the 43. Very shootable gun.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I own a 17, 19, 26 & 43. Of the 4 9mm Glocks I own, the 17 is next to useless. I carry my G19 when wearing cargo shorts & button up t-shirts, 26 with t-shirts & the 43 in professional attire. I have an IWB Stealthgear holster for the 43 but I tend to carry it pocket carry. I never carry the 17 & rarely shoot it, I'm not even sure why I own one at this point.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrevailFI View Post
    Strongly agree, except that even though I'm a Glock guy and my duty weapon is a 17, I like the Shield better than the 43. Very shootable gun.

43 pocket carries significantly easier than the shield.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Of the 4 9mm Glocks I own, the 17 is next to useless. (snip) I never carry the 17 & rarely shoot it, I'm not even sure why I own one at this point.
    The 17 is actually my favorite at the ranch because I can carry it openly and it's a high-capacity bullet hose that never runs out of ammo. The bigness is also an advantage in that you're not stuck with something your deterioration of fine motor skills in a gunfight might be less able to handle.

For concealment I've been stuck with a Smith 642 for various reasons, but I'm trying real hard to add a small semi-auto to that mix.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    43 pocket carries significantly easier than the shield.
    I don't find pocket carry practical with either one. My main off duty gun is a 19. Summer, dress clothes, etc calls for slender gun IWB. For me, a Shield.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would strongly recommend considering the 19, It is only slightly longer in the grip and slide than the 26. As for the 43 it is a great little 9mm if your top priority is ultimate ease of carry and concealment. I ended up selling my 43 though because I never found myself carrying it over the 19. I've carried a 19 as my primary CCW since 04 and have never had an issue concealing it. A quality belt and holster makes all the difference in the world.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast