Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 124 or 147 for 9mm PDW?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    From all the testing that's been done by my department the Federal HST 147 is the route to go, and will become our duty carry come fall in-service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillyB70 View Post
    From all the testing that's been done by my department the Federal HST 147 is the route to go, and will become our duty carry come fall in-service.
    The 147 grain HST (standard pressure) is probably the best general purpose 9mm round. It is accurate, soft shooting, subsonic even in a suppressed MCX/MP5, and still reliably expands from a Glock 26. I see no compelling reason to buy anything less that could be used to protect my life.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I were faced with determining the best 100 yard round for your weapon, I would attempt to determine which of the +p or +p+ loads were most accurate in my weapon. Within the +p or +p+ category, although there will be velocity differences within ammo of similar grain weights, this difference will have almost insignificant effect on bullet drop. Past 100 yards 147 grain ammo will drop less, but considering how much all the 9mm rounds will be dropping as distance increases, I would not consider bullet drop past 100 yards to be a valid concern.

I recommend trying Federal's old school +p+ 115 jhp which exits a pistol muzzle at about 1300. For me it's showed target accuracy in several handguns over the last 15 years. It's cheap enough to practice with. See SGAmmo.com for prices and availabily.

Feedback Score
    Gold Dot 2 does a little better through glass than HST or am I misremembering?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    For a 100 yard round, the 147gr +P HST is king. For 50 yards, the std HST is also outstanding.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123