Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Zenith/MKE MP5 Higher round count feedback

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    Finally done. This thing makes me mad for how much money I had to spend for me to be happy with shooting it, given that it doesn't have a giggle switch and is only shooting 9mm. It's fun to shoot though.

Nice set up. Who makes that light mount?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's just a Magpul MLOK offset rail/scout mount. I drilled a couple holes in the handguard and mounted it straight in there.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Obsidian is in, so hopefully start running up the round count. I did a quick shoot last night for function, but didn't want to shoot too much at 9pm. 10 rounds of AE 147gr ran just fine in a 15rd HK mag. I then tried another 10 in my #2 MKE 30rd mag and had a failure to feed. This is the same mag that had problems with this ammo in the past, while the German 15 and other 30s worked fine. And yes, I picked this mag to see if it would run...

In the short term this mag will sit out and tonight I will try another 10 in the #1 and #3 MKE mag. If I can get out in the daylight I will shoot more rounds.

I have a bunch of Lawman 147gr that I have never shot before but wanted to finish my case of AE. I did take a picture of the AE 147 (left) vs the Lawman 147 (right). Hopefully the Lawman feeds better in my bad boy magazine. I also plan to run the Ranger RA9B and RA9T at some point.

Feedback Score
    Picked up a Z5RS last month. Got a couple hundred rounds through it last week. MKE mags fit very well and POF mags had a little wiggle, but everything ran flawlessly. I've got no experience with a gun like this, but I was hitting the same hole off of a rest at 20 yards. I love this thing, and it's the closest Ill ever get to my childhood dream gun.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Has anyone had any success running cast lead reloads through these?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
    Has anyone had any success running cast lead reloads through these?
    If the Zenith has a polygonal barrel like the factory HK I would strongly suggest against it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Really liking that Aimpoint mount...is that the B&T low profile mount?

Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    Finally done. This thing makes me mad for how much money I had to spend for me to be happy with shooting it, given that it doesn't have a giggle switch and is only shooting 9mm. It's fun to shoot though.

ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Really liking that Aimpoint mount...is that the B&T low profile mount?
    Yup, it is.

I wish I could leave this stupid thing alone, but I'll probably end up getting a Franklin Armory binary trigger for it once they release it. I put one in my AR .22 suppressed SBR and it's stupidly fun.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. View Post
    If the Zenith has a polygonal barrel like the factory HK I would strongly suggest against it.
    Thanks I was thinking the mp5 had button rifling.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I ran 500 rounds of 115gr FMJ Remington bulk in the yellow box through my Mke Z-RS today. First time out with it. Runs like a raped ape. Zero issues. It feels substantially smoother now also. The OEM picatinny mount is not ideal for an Aimpoint Micro RDS. It places the dot right on the hood of the front site. I need to get a B&T or MFI ultra low mount so I can co-witnesse with the irons or a spacer to raise the RDS. Accuracy is excellent and we were able to make a nice ragged hole in the target at 25m. The recoil impulse is much smoother than the Scorpion Evo IMHO.
    My boy sure does love it.
    mke by
    Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 08-23-17 at 17:33.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast