Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Zenith/MKE MP5 Higher round count feedback

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Thanks everyone.

KalashniKEV,

Do you have a preference for either the K or full sized model? Going off looks alone I have always been more drawn to the K models, but I'm always function over form.

Do you, or anyone for that matter, feel the full size is a little too big? I'll be SBRing this once I get to a free state, but before that happens I have to bring one in as a rifle. Basically a pinned extension on the muzzle for 16" OAL. I rather not wait to buy until I move, because as with any imports, a couple years can change a lot of things.

The Z-5RS model would be easier to bring to rifle length. But I'm wondering if there's a way to have an extension pinned onto a Z-5P. The important thing is to make sure the pinning can be undone later.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My strong preference is for the full size gun.

It's just such a nice feel... everything about it. The K is cool too... more for carrying it in weird containers than speed, accuracy, and the shuetz-vergnügen.

STOP listening to these people who are telling you everything bigger than an M9 should be an 11.5" AR.

An MP5 is not "too big" and you wouldn't be handicapped if you deployed one in a gunfight and commenced to get bizz-ay.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The above gun is exactly what i'm looking for....where do I find that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    http://www.zenithfirearms.com is the importer for MKE. For stocks on a SBR, there's a ton of sources (HKParts.net, Robertrtg.com, Brownells (they sell HK parts pretty cheap), etc.)

Then you gotta pay the tax man https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/ for infringement on "keeping" tax.
    Last edited by interfan; 04-13-16 at 17:16.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by interfan View Post
    http://www.zenithfirearms.com is the importer for MKE. For stocks on a SBR, there's a ton of sources (HKParts.net, Robertrtg.com, Brownells (they sell HK parts pretty cheap), etc.)

Then you gotta pay the tax man https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/ for infringement on "keeping" tax.
    I have 6 stamps now...mighty time to add a 7th.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Ok, right now the big obstacle holding me back is having the barrel extended to 16". Finding mock suppressors and extensions isn't the problem. The big issue is how the barrel will be affected in the long run.

The main reason for me wanting to get one of these is for eventually getting it SBR'd. So would having a mock suppressor/extension pinned pretty much require getting the barrel replaced altogether in the future?

I'm not too familiar with what level of work is required when replacing MP5's, but if it were possible to have the extension removed without having to replace or take off the entire barrel it would be a plus.

Has anyone had a similar situation? Of course I want everything done right as well. I wouldn't look for the closest, cheapest bubba to do the work. At the same time though, if the work is going to end up costing over half the cost of the gun it just starts to be less of a good idea.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I want an MP5A2 clone so bad but I don't want to support Turkey.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I want an MP5A2 clone so bad but I don't want to support Turkey.
    You could always support Pakistan!
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Or wait it out and see if HK brings the SP5 to market, then support Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    You could always support Pakistan!
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    I want to see MKE's SD version that is rumored to be on the way... I am really trying to convince myself not to go with some form of SD.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast