Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Zenith/MKE MP5 Higher round count feedback

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Or wait it out and see if HK brings the SP5 to market, then support Germany
    Never... gonna... happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post
    I want to see MKE's SD version that is rumored to be on the way... I am really trying to convince myself not to go with some form of SD.
    SDs suck.

The whole concept of porting gas in front of the chamber so you can shoot light, slow bullets is flawed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I want an MP5A2 clone so bad but I don't want to support Turkey.

That's why I sold my two MKE Mp5's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post

SDs suck.

The whole concept of porting gas in front of the chamber so you can shoot light, slow bullets is flawed.
    Absolutely true... That being said, it is cool as hell - until you have to clean it. I've only had the opportunity to shoot one a couple times - what is your other issues with them besides slowing a light bullet to subsonic speeds?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Does an ambi lower improve ergos?

The selector on the Zenith/MKE sucks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post
    ...what is your other issues with them besides slowing a light bullet to subsonic speeds?
    It's outperformed by today's leading suppressor designs.

It takes an accuracy hit too from the unsound porting concept.

Everything about it sucks.

It's basically the same thing as paintballing with 115gr slugs.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Does an ambi lower improve ergos?
    You still have to run your thumb on the same side whether you're a righty or a lefty, but the reset is nice and short and the break is better (on an FBI pack). Still nothing like an AR trigger though, but a big improvement.

I would upgrade the K-gun above if I came across an ambi-pack at the right price.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Actually for the time it was designed the MP5SD was pretty cutting edge. Has it been surpassed due to bullet and suppressor technology, sure, but much in the firearms industry has been refined in the past 40+ years.

As to cleaning them, it is a bit of a pain in the butt, but with the proper tools it's not too bad. I spent a good bit of time with them when I worked for the HK Training Division. Biggest problem we saw in terminal performance was when 147 sub sonics came online many PDs started to use them and the integral ports bled velocity off an already slow bullet. The SD was designed for use with standard velocity ammo back in the days prior to 147s being readily available.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. View Post
    Actually for the time it was designed the MP5SD was pretty cutting edge. Has it been surpassed...
    Even in it's own time, folks in-the-know knew that it was junk.

So you can get M882 down to 850 fps, quietly?

What is that... 199 ft lbs, 270 joules of energy, right?

Sweet!

What's my little Beretta M70 .380 pocket pistol working with?

212 ft pounds and 287 joules- From regular, non +P Fiocchi JHP.

Less than 200 ft lbs is inadequate for gunfighting.

MP5StupidDumb = FAIL.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Never... gonna... happen...

SDs suck.

SP5K is going to happen. You're a member on HKPro, so I assume you've seen the discussion about these. It's a matter of when they will be available. Now, with that said if one wanted a mp5 I would buy a MKE now and then pick up a SP5k once they are available.

Completely agree re: SD. They are cool for the advanced HK collector who has filled their collection with all other HK roller locks and is looking to complete the collection. Otherwise, one would be better served by a MP5-N or MP5K-N, a can and 147gr subs.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The advantage to an SD close-up is you can dump a butt-load of rounds into a target quickly (i.e., in a room or hallway). Velocity of individual rounds is problematic if you hammer your target 6 to 8 times with one trigger pull.

The SD's principle attraction is 1) it's quiet, and 2) it's fun to shoot. May not apply to anyone's real-world application.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    The advantage to an SD close-up is you can dump a butt-load of rounds into a target quickly (i.e., in a room or hallway). Velocity of individual rounds is problematic if you hammer your target 6 to 8 times with one trigger pull.

The SD's principle attraction is 1) it's quiet, and 2) it's fun to shoot. May not apply to anyone's real-world application.
    They are cool and fun. And I will have to buy one simply to use a B&T SD-K can once they are released by B&T USA.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast