Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Zenith/MKE MP5 Higher round count feedback

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pretty sure I worked with a bunch of "folks in the know" while working for HK's Training Division. All retired MIL and LE (retired and active). The SD was never junk. It was a specific tool for a specific mission and put to good use.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    The advantage to an SD close-up is you can dump a butt-load of rounds into a target quickly (i.e., in a room or hallway). Velocity of individual rounds is problematic if you hammer your target 6 to 8 times with one trigger pull.
    Basically the same idea as coming out of the waistband with a .380 pocket gun and dumping it on a dude... only with 7% less power than a .380.

Or maybe the same power as a .380, but after it goes through an interior door...

Either way, no thanks!

(and I even advocate for 9mm subguns in professional, modern day use)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Kev,
    If you don't mind me asking, what is the base of your MP5 clone?

Again, I want one but don't want to support heathen countries to do it.

Parts kit and a flat?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what is the base of your MP5 clone?
    My full size is an MKE AT-94P with an FBI pack.

My K-gun is an MKE Z-5P.

Again, I want one but don't want to support heathen countries to do it.
    Well then you're screwed, because they're the only ones who were interested in picking up licensed domestic production for the inevitable day they would get blacklisted/ embargoed/ cut-off.

Also, HK hates you... and you suck.

Parts kit and a flat?
    Don't do it.

You'd only be setting yourself up for a world of heartache.

HK guns are not like ARs or even like AKs where you can wing it. You have to have the right parts, held by the right jigs, worked on by the right tools.

The best you'll get with one of the garage builders is a set of jigs and tooling that has proven more-successful-than his competitors holding a mix of expensive worn out German parts and Todd Bailey out-of-spec junk hewn from literal garbage.

Licensed production or nothing at all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the help, Kev.

Hmm. Well I hope whatever Turk that gets my money ODs in a hash den or at least steps on a rusty nail.

Seems like my only real option for an MP5 clone that will mostly see ball ammo.

And even though HK thinks I suck at least my mom thinks I'm cool!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the help, Kev.
    I wouldn't steer you wrong, homey.

Hmm. Well I hope whatever Turk that gets my money ODs in a hash den or at least steps on a rusty nail.
    As I said in this thread or one of the other umpteen farflignugjurn threads... no one is greater opponent to the AKP agenda, or wants Erdogan to see Allah than me.

I have already outlined the ways in which Turkey supports ISIS here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Russian-plane-!

At the same time, I am an honorary inductee into the Aviation Corps of the Turkish National Police...

Neither has anything to do with them building the best available MP5 clone on the American market... or the short window inside of which they will be available.

Plus, how funny will it be when all these HK-strokers and "advanced collectors" finally get their SP5Ks one-day-before Hillary's inauguration, and they're in "civvie safe grey" with a proprietary single stack 10 round plastic mag and a thumbhole pistol lower?

LOL!

Feedback Score
    I need to fill out a form 1 for a Zenith MKE Z-5P, can anyone give me a fairly precise OAL for a MKE-5P with the B&T short stock?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    That's why I sold my two MKE Mp5's.
    Economics is hard.

The Turks were paid when ATI or Zenith bought the guns from 'em to import to the US. Nothing about your personal ownership of one has anything to do with the Turk economy. In fact, if your purchase had any impact at all, it would have been if/when you initially purchased them from an importer, in that your purchases would have had some impact on ATI or Zenith's sales figures.

So, you keeping them or selling them has literally nothing to do with "supporting Turkey"...Unless you sold them directly back to MKE, that is...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    I need to fill out a form 1 for a Zenith MKE Z-5P, can anyone give me a fairly precise OAL for a MKE-5P with the B&T short stock?
    Funny you should ask. I filled out one the other night. It's 23.825" (13.7" Z-5P + 10.125" short B&T). I put 24"...
    Last edited by scooter22; 04-19-16 at 22:46.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Can anyone explain why the Z-5K exists? Looking off pictures it's just a Z-5P with a barrel that can't get any shorter. I looked for some kind of review or description on them online, but see nothing.

What would make one choose a K over a P model?

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast