Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Zenith/MKE MP5 Higher round count feedback

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The k is the original spec for the smaller gun. If I had no desire to suppress or lived in a state with no suppressors I would get the k. There are some cases and bags that are designed for the k that dont fit the p as well. I still might pick one up because my RS will wear the suppressor.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I assume if someone didn't care about mounting a can and wanted the shortest possible package. Edit: shit, beaten ^^

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I imagine that, given the MP5K's purpose - as a concealable subgun for PSDs and such - that the Z-5K-type configuration is the more popular option in global circulation. It's shorter, easier to conceal, and you're not likely to need a suppressor - concealability is more important than quiet.

If I didn't want to eventually slap a can on mine - and if I hadn't liked the looks of the MP5K-PDW configuration since childhood - I would have bought the Z-5K instead of the Z-5P.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    What would make one choose a K over a P model?
    K-guns are for when it's time to flip the switch and get bizz-ay.

Obviously if you're laying dudes out on the pavement, quiet is low on the list of priorities.

PDW-types are an el Camino.

Why would you want a 29% longer barrel on your compact PCC? Oh, because you want to mount a suppressor and do sneaky snake stuff? Why not reach for the full size gun and run smoother and with better ergos?

It doesn't make sense. I guess if you were only going to have one...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    I guess if you were only going to have one...
    This is how I'm looking at it. A full size MP5 is pretty close in size to my AK/AR SBRs, without being as ballistically capable. An MP5K-PDW differentiates itself enough by being small enough with the stock folded to fit into many places my other SBRs cannot. I only plan on one pistol cal carbine in total since it'll be a total range toy for me, so no point in getting multiples.

Plus the idea of having a platform I can't slap a can on is kind of abominable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The K-N is plenty compact and gives one the option of using a can. And the difference in length between the K and K-N is minimal. My SP89 has a K-N barrel installed. To me it is a no-brainer - K-N is the way to go.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    K-guns are for when it's time to flip the switch and get bizz-ay.

Obviously if you're laying dudes out on the pavement, quiet is low on the list of priorities.

PDW-types are an el Camino.

Why would you want a 29% longer barrel on your compact PCC? Oh, because you want to mount a suppressor and do sneaky snake stuff? Why not reach for the full size gun and run smoother and with better ergos?

It doesn't make sense. I guess if you were only going to have one...
    When you put it that way it makes sense. For some reason I thought it was just something to do with initial import restrictions.

I'm curious about those cases and bags specific to the K model.

I'm not sure if anyone here has done this before, but does cutting a barrel shorter require pulling the barrel from the receiver?

I'm just wondering if it's possible to go from a P to a K model. I know with AK's there's the issue of barrel being concentric, but I'm guessing with HK's and their clones that barrels being concentric is a given.

I'm starting to look at aquiring parts for 922r, would you say the ambi safe trigger packs are a worthy upgrade? I can find other parts for 922r, but if it's something worth upgrading to then I might as well get it done from the start.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5K-...nly-p17240.htm

It says they're German/USA, but do you know if these are made by HK? Or just some no name company in Germany?

Is there any definite spare parts to keep on hand? I figure springs are always a yes, but anything else like bolts, firing pins, etc.?

Thanks this is all helpful

Thanks again this is all very helpful.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not sure if anyone here has done this before, but does cutting a barrel shorter require pulling the barrel from the receiver?
    Curtis Higgins at S&H can cut your barrel without removing it, and install a 3-lug mount properly. You shouldn't have to though, because Zenith has it together a lot better than ATI did and has introduced better offerings to the market.

Be careful monkeying with these guns or junking them out with commercial American parts. Actually, maybe just don't do that.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to go from a P to a K model.
    It's possible... but with K-guns and PDW-types both available on the shelf, it wouldn't make any sense.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Got it. Yeah if it was up to me I wouldn't be swapping parts around unless they absolutely provided some kind of improvement.

The thing is that the only way I can get one is by having it converted to a rifle first... And that's where all of these things come into play. I'm trying to source the easiest parts to get by with in regards to 922r, at least for now. Unless I find one for sale here already in state, but these are pretty rare. On top of that 4th gen Glocks go for $850 to $900 here as if they were being handed out for free almost. So with that in mind imagine what one of these would go for.

As for going from PDW to K type, yes ideally I would buy both. Maybe even a third RS on top of that. But, these things aren't that cheap. I'm still trying to plan how and what to move to make this all go through.
    Last edited by w3453l; 04-22-16 at 20:33.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ...the only way I can get one is by having it converted to a rifle first... ...4th gen Glocks go for $850 to $900 here...
    I have no idea what state you live in, but that sounds dumb/ horrible.

(Maybe I'll move there and sell Glocks though...)

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast