Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9mm Mag question

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)

9mm Mag question

I know this might seem like a noob question but I was wondering if all the 1911 9mm magazines were standard one size fits all. I am giving that SA Railed Range Officer a very serious look and thus I am starting to look at the components. I have never owned a 9mm 1911 but I have heard great things and that they are wonderful to shoot. I usually stock up on mags before I make the purchase so I thought I would ask before I fork over the blood money. Thanks

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yes, all 9 or 10 rd. 9 mm 1911 magazines should work in your SA.

I shoot competitively and use the 10 rd. magazines.
    Metalform 10 rounders are the easiest to load, always work, are among the least expensive I have found.

http://www.metalform.us/magazines/pr...ded-10-round/7

Dawson Precision sells a re-branded Metalform with an upgraded metal baseplate that is great, but more expensive.

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...ical-basepads/

Feedback Score
    Metal forms are a good value got mine at midway usa

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I own a couple of STI 9mms. They only work properly with metal form mags whether they be the 9 or 10 rounders. I tried the wilsons and they would not feed with either of my STIs. The 9mms seem to be more picky when it comes to mags, so I would see what they come with standard and try to buy that brand.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    I had same exact experience with a Springfield 9mm. Wilsons just would not run~ ETM's

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I prefer tripps research 9mm mags in my old springer 9mm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I own a couple of STI 9mms. They only work properly with metal form mags whether they be the 9 or 10 rounders. I tried the wilsons and they would not feed with either of my STIs. The 9mms seem to be more picky when it comes to mags, so I would see what they come with standard and try to buy that brand.
    Odd, I have a Trojan and Ranger 2 that have no issue with the old style ETM or factory. I think 9mm is very gun/mag combo dependent.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBhunter View Post
    Odd, I have a Trojan and Ranger 2 that have no issue with the old style ETM or factory. I think 9mm is very gun/mag combo dependent.
    Yeah not sure why they didn't feed, I have a duty one 5.0 and a spartan officers model. Both ramped and un-ramped and they would not feed any ammo what so ever.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've got the exact gun Mrshmitty is looking at- Springfield Range Officer Operator 9mm. Use Dawson Precision 10 round mags with their tactical base pads. They have been extremely reliable so far- approx 800 rounds. I'm reserving my final accolades until I get well over 1000 rounds. The Dawsons are made by Metalform with the Dawson designed, extended aluminum pad. +1 on the Metalforms in 9mm from me.

20170115_080507 (Medium).jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm running both Wilson and Metalform 9mm Springfield style mags. I had problems at first with the Wilsons and a tight build. I could only get 6 rounds to run at first the seven and after about 1k, I was able to run full Wilson mags. The MF were GTG from the start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast