Thread: In defense of the Surefire XC1

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

In defense of the Surefire XC1

I just picked up one of these last week for my Glock 19. It replaced a Surefire X300 ultra (which was flawless). I have read a lot about the switching mechanism being a turn-off for some, but I have to say that, for a right-handed shooter on a G19, it is perfect for me. I couldn't imagine a better setup for this pistol. My grip always had to change slightly (large hands) to actuate the light on the x300, but my left thumb drops a 1/4 of an inch and I'm on the XC1 switch. I don't walk around with the light constantly on, so the horizontal constant on is not a deal breaker for me. I love the X300 series lights, and I think they are perfect for carbine/shotgun/large pistol use, but the XC1 definitely fits like a glove on my glock, and I'm going to have to cough up the coin for a new Raven holster now

Feedback Score
    Yes, i have seen this surefire keychain flashlight and one of my friend hand. I just check that and hear from him that it is great rechargeable battery with flashlight.
    Last edited by roseawebs; 05-21-17 at 01:57.

Feedback Score
    It is fantastic. I have one on my Sig P320 compact. It allows me to have a light for aiwb carry where I normally would not have a light. It's so small and bright.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I love the XC1. If I carried anything with a rail, I absolutely would have one. No real excuse not to.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really wanted to love this light due to it's form factor and light weight, but the constant on switch failed on me the first time I took it out to the range. Ended up swapping it out for an X300 ultra-b.