View Poll Results: Would You Buy Current Aero Uppers and Lowers?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aero Sucks

6 6.06%
  • Aero Is GTG

80 80.81%
  • There are better cost effective options

13 13.13%
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Aero Precision Quality?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Current Aero Precision Quality?

Thinking about possibly putting together a spare rifle before Nov. hits.
    I have heard in past that Aero is GTG, and they are also about as low down the "cheap Vs quality tree that I'm willing to go (aside from maybe Spikes, and frankly... I like Aero's stuff better).

However.... I was reading some threads here around the 2014/15 or thereabouts mark, and some folks were mentioning occasional out of spec issues with some of their lowers, and less than awesome CS in getting it resolved.

As of today, 2016- would you buy from Aero with confidence?

I'm looking to (eventually) get one of the complete barreled M4E1 uppers w/ 12" rail, and either a stripped or complete lower, also by Aero.
    (BCG and CH will likely be BCM)
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For 2014/2015 my small sample size of 4 stripped lowers and 2 stripped uppers were fine and in spec. Also my M5 .308 set seems to be good so far. They are a good value for stripped lowers/uppers. Small parts and barrels from Aero I have no experience with.

Feedback Score
    I have experience with Aero lowers, uppers, BCG, M-lok handguards and barrels. Everything has been great so far.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Only experience is with lowers. The four I have assembled have all been in spec and without any noticeable flaws.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got a 308 in late 2014 that had a firing pin retaining pin that seemed a little too long to me, but worked. I made a phone call and they sent me a new pin in the mail. No hassles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have nothing but good things to say about my Aero Precision lower. USGI, Lancer, and Magpul mags fall free, I didn't have any fitment issues when I was putting it together, and my BCM blem upper fits pretty good on top with minimal wiggle.

Feedback Score
    2 out of 4 stripped lowers were not in spec, being way too narrow and safety having a huge gap. The other two were very nice. Emails to Aero went unanswered

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've got two inbound, I'll let you know when you get in, but the ones I've handled were nice.

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Jimmy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Voted Aero is GTG but wanted to explain my experience with them. I have used two of their uppers and they for all intents and purposes exact matches to my BCM M4 upper from fit and finish, to undersized barrel extension while being ~$30 cheaper.

No experience with their lowers or other parts.

Feedback Score
    I bought two lowers and both had serious problems allowing a loaded mag to drop free. Also a friend of mine had the same problem with his. All three lowers we tried a loaded mag drop test with multiple mags... pmag, emag, gi, and hex and they all failed. So we stripped the lowers thinking maybe the mag release was junk and still had the same problem. Aero is junk IMO
    PHIL 4:6

My parents spanked me as a child. As a result I now suffer from a psychological condition know as "respect for others"

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast