View Poll Results: Would You Buy Current Aero Uppers and Lowers?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aero Sucks

6 6.06%
  • Aero Is GTG

80 80.81%
  • There are better cost effective options

13 13.13%
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Aero Precision Quality?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Correct. And even parts from the same forging company and same machining/finishing company can be different depending on what tolerances are specified by the buyer.

Just having the same forging mark certainly does not make receivers equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    That's interesting I didn't know that. I thought they were all done and finished by a company and stamped with the different company's name and sent off to them. So even though the forged part can come from the same source, quality can be different between different companies by the QC and how well each company ends up maching them. Very interesting, thanks.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Hence why every lower / upper / barrel / LPK is not the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have 4 aero lowers, 2 built, 2 spares. Everything fit, but the trigger guards on all of them was a little loose. Not bad but had a hint of wiggle with spring pins. Swapped with regular roll pins and its fine. CS said this is normal for their lowers, not a deal breaker for me. All the lowers have some bumps and bruises from the get go, i would have considered them blems but i bought them through auctions on gun broker so they may have been. I have one upper built and on another brand lower and one on the way to build. The built one fit fine but had a decent ding in it. CS gave me the option to send it back for replacement or the difference between a regular and blem in credit. I took the credit. Took prolly 3-4 days total. Over all good dealings with them but i buy my lpk and loose parts from better places and stick to their uppers and lowers

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have nothing but high marks for aero precision. I have their stripped lower (bought from a local gun shop) and a complete upper (directly from them). Fit and finish is perfect on both of them. I also bought misc parts like LPK, and etc. Everything checks out just fine. LPK installed without issues, but I've used an ALG ACT trigger which also fits perfectly in Aero Lower. Very prompt shipping and great customer service - I personally never had an issue with any of the orders or items.

I don't have their BCG and would be interested how Aero BCGs (phosphate, nitrided, NiB) compare to BCM/LMT/Colt or some other well known manufacturer.

On a personal note I highly recommend their Ambidextrous charging handle and a billet trigger guard. Trigger guard is great because it is fixed in place with 3 screws and does not need a roll pin.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought a stripped lower recently, my first Aero product. And when I received it, I noticed that the walls on the fire control group cavity were uneven. One was 0.015" thicker than the other. Aero CS emailed me a UPS call tag to ship it back to them for inspection. We'll see how this resolves, but hopefully with a new lower.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I bought a stripped lower recently, my first Aero product. And when I received it, I noticed that the walls on the fire control group cavity were uneven. One was 0.015" thicker than the other. Aero CS emailed me a UPS call tag to ship it back to them for inspection. We'll see how this resolves, but hopefully with a new lower.
    I had the same problem with two of their lowers and they never responded to emails

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rondooley View Post
    I had the same problem with two of their lowers and they never responded to emails
    Ouch. They have a customer service phone number on the website too. I'd give them a call if I were you.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rondooley View Post
    This is their Contact Us form on their website:
    http://aeroprecisionusa.com/contacts/

And their CS phone# 253-272-8188

Let us know what happens please.

Feedback Score

Current Aero Precision Quality?

Well got my AP lower put together on Friday. Tolerances were tight. Took me a few more taps to get roll pins in than a cmmg lower that I've put together. Used a BCM lpk with a PNT trigger. Everything is tight including mating with the complete BCM upper. Looks like they were made for each other. And I didn't touch the adjustment screw. The AP extended scope mount hasn't disappointed me so far. I'm not sure I really like the hinge design but I digress as that's not apart of this conversation. Mags drop free loaded and unloaded, used 30 rd gen 2 pmags and a USGI 20rd mag. Didn't have a 30rd USGI so I can't comment on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mballz23; 12-04-16 at 23:40.
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mballz23 View Post
    Well got my AP lower put together on Friday. Tolerances were tight. Took me a few more taps to get roll pins in than a cmmg lower that I've put together. Used a BCM lpk with a PNT trigger. Everything is tight including mating with the complete BCM upper. Looks like they were made for each other. And I didn't touch the adjustment screw. The AP extended scope mount hasn't disappointed me yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's good news. Glad to hear. Did you use one of those set screws to hold in the rear takedown pin spring?

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast