View Poll Results: Would You Buy Current Aero Uppers and Lowers?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aero Sucks

6 6.06%
  • Aero Is GTG

80 80.81%
  • There are better cost effective options

13 13.13%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Current Aero Precision Quality?

Feedback Score
    The Aero lowers I got all look pretty good, zero flaws that I can see (they are all the "U" marked lowers). Mine don't have any of the little nicks, but that really wouldn't bother me that much anyway.

Feedback Score
    I picked up an 16" OEM stripped rifle from Brownell's over the holidays on a good deal. Recently finished building it up with a MI handguard and BCM bits and a Geissele SSA-E. The upper and lower are finished nicely and nice tight fit but it's great that that tensioning screw is there if needed.

Feedback Score
    I have an aero lower i assembled myself and the fcg pocket is not centered, i.e. one wall is thicker than the other. I have a bcm factory upper on it now and haven't noticed any issues with functioning. I have several stripped aero lowers and a couple of them exhibit the same off center pocket.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sent my lowers back to Aero today. I was told i recieved a couple of the last "u" lowers they had by "mistake". And that they will only be using Anchor Harvey forgings from now on if anybodys was wandering. So maybe they realized they have been putting out some not so great products here lately.
    Last edited by Mike14_07; 01-17-17 at 20:36.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike14_07 View Post
    Sent my lowers back to Aero today. I was told i recieved a couple of the last "u" lowers they had by "mistake". And that they will only be using Anchor Harvey forgings from now on if anybodys was wandering. So maybe they realized they have been putting out some not so great products here lately.
    I sure as hell hope so.

My buddy got his third upper in... Same Mueller Industries junk. It has the same forging scars as the other two, but the finish is better on this one. Ordered through Optics Planet this time. I wonder how many beat up uppers are out there like this?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Id call aero and tell thwy are out of spec and request an anchor harvey one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike14_07 View Post
    Seems a lot better response than you would get with a company like PSA. I don't think they even care anymore about QC standards.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ok, I received my replacement lower via UPS next day air. It really does have a very nice finish and the logo and lettering are crisp and attractive, no forging marks of any kind. However the trigger pocket is still off-center... albeit less so than before. The mag release side is 0.010" thinner than the other side. 0.0965" vs 0.0865".

The Aero customer service rep I've been dealing with informed me that this is on the outer limit of tolerance, but still within their spec. Oh well. I know it's serviceable, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Ok, I received my replacement lower via UPS next day air. It really does have a very nice finish and the logo and lettering are crisp and attractive, no forging marks of any kind. However the trigger pocket is still off-center... albeit less so than before. The mag release side is 0.010" thinner than the other side. 0.0965" vs 0.0865".

The Aero customer service rep I've been dealing with informed me that this is on the outer limit of tolerance, but still within their spec. Oh well. I know it's serviceable, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed.
    I mean, it's either within spec'd tolerance or not. We're not talking about Italian shotguns here. Hell, we're not even talking about high-end AR lowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    I mean, it's either within spec'd tolerance or not. We're not talking about Italian shotguns here. Hell, we're not even talking about high-end AR lowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe you're right. But I can actually see the difference with my eyes... And if my Daniel Defense, Rock River, S&W, Stag, and Colt lowers don't exhibit this off-centeredness, is it really too much to expect this one not to either?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast