View Poll Results: Would You Buy Current Aero Uppers and Lowers?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aero Sucks

6 6.06%
  • Aero Is GTG

80 80.81%
  • There are better cost effective options

13 13.13%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Aero Precision Quality?

Feedback Score
    I just built an upper with aero receiver

Everything was in spec and fit nice, I've never had an issue with anything aero precision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I bought a 300BLK upper from them and it's been GTG.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I haven't bought anything from Aero recently but a couple lowers I bought two years ago were out of spec. I sent them back and got a refund but It took awhile before someone got back to me. I won't buy anything from them again. I steer clear of Aero, Anderson and any polymer lowers.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Initially in 2015 I bought a COP upper. After having to replace it four times because the rail panels wouldn't fit correctly I finally settled for one that the panels fit decently but not anything like 'Precision' machining. I am unsure if I will ever buy from them again. That's two Wa. State companies that have disappointed me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The three stripped lowers I built up off of were in spec. I have another to that have yet to be built/assembled, so we will see. The feedback I have read here and elsewhere does not give me a lot of confidence in their other parts. A lower is pretty hard to mess up. Barrels, BCGs, etc. are something else.
    I hope their purchase of Ballistic Advantage didn't gum up the works there, as my next builds will be using their barrel and BCG.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I voted good to go but now I want to change my vote.

I have a forged Aero lower that was built recently. I had a Geissele trigger group in it, but sold that and went to put a drop in POF trigger in. Prior to buying the POF trigger I had SBRd this lower.

OMFG. It was almost impossible to get that trigger installed (10 minute job took 2 hours). It appears that the forward trigger housing is slightly out of spec. I talked to the POF guys and they indicated that a lot of manufacturers have recently been switching the front radius inside of the trigger housing and cutting it down by 1/8 from where it would normally be on a mil spec unit. It won't affect the fit of a military two piece trigger group but will cause drop in units to be too tight in many cases.

I did ultimately get the trigger installed by doing some interesting tricks, not sure if I'll ever get it out again without destroying the lower.

No more Aero Precision for me. I have two Spike's lowers I also put these POF drop ins into and I never had problems with either of them.

Feedback Score
    I have an upper, lower, BCG and charging handle . Everything is great. Their technical service department is sometimes spotty.

Feedback Score
    I bought a complete upper and BCG from them. Stainless 1:8 barrel, 15" M-lok. Using a 1-6 Vortex, 5 shot groups with quality ammo are right at 1 MOA. No issues with anything. I would buy from them again.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've had a few upper receivers from them for builds, a lower, their enhanced upper receiver and rail combo, and a 10.5" barrel. All have been excellent in terms of function, dimensions, finish, accuracy, and delivery. A few friends I've done builds for have used their components with equal success as well.

My 10.5" barrel runs suppressed and unsuppressed without any need for a fancy gas block, buffer weight swapping, or aftermarket bolt carriers. Accuracy has been great, but I haven't benched it with glass and match ammo to really see how tight it will shoot.

I see no reason to buy other components these days, and their complete rifles look like a steal.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BallJ View Post
    Initially in 2015 I bought a COP upper. After having to replace it four times because the rail panels wouldn't fit correctly I finally settled for one that the panels fit decently but not anything like 'Precision' machining. I am unsure if I will ever buy from them again. That's two Wa. State companies that have disappointed me.
    What's the other WA company that disappointed you?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast