View Poll Results: Would You Buy Current Aero Uppers and Lowers?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aero Sucks

6 6.06%
  • Aero Is GTG

80 80.81%
  • There are better cost effective options

13 13.13%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Aero Precision Quality?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I had an AERO matching OD stripped upper and stripped lower, the upper was fine, the lower however was not. The pivot and take down holes did not line up, and a kinda difficult time dropping the mag. I bought it from my buddies FFL, he emailed them and they told him that the customer had contact them. Sent them the receiver set and two months later I got a new set...I ended up going with s spikes receiver set while waiting...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    I voted good to go but now I want to change my vote.

I have a forged Aero lower that was built recently. I had a Geissele trigger group in it, but sold that and went to put a drop in POF trigger in. Prior to buying the POF trigger I had SBRd this lower.

OMFG. It was almost impossible to get that trigger installed (10 minute job took 2 hours). It appears that the forward trigger housing is slightly out of spec. I talked to the POF guys and they indicated that a lot of manufacturers have recently been switching the front radius inside of the trigger housing and cutting it down by 1/8 from where it would normally be on a mil spec unit. It won't affect the fit of a military two piece trigger group but will cause drop in units to be too tight in many cases.

I've had similar experience with more than one recent forged lower that would not accept the cassette/one-piece type trigger modules but will accept stand trigger groups.

Feedback Score
    IIRC aero also makes spikes uppers/lowers so I'd say there g2g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    I voted good to go but now I want to change my vote.

I have a forged Aero lower that was built recently. I had a Geissele trigger group in it, but sold that and went to put a drop in POF trigger in. Prior to buying the POF trigger I had SBRd this lower.

OMFG. It was almost impossible to get that trigger installed (10 minute job took 2 hours). It appears that the forward trigger housing is slightly out of spec. I talked to the POF guys and they indicated that a lot of manufacturers have recently been switching the front radius inside of the trigger housing and cutting it down by 1/8 from where it would normally be on a mil spec unit. It won't affect the fit of a military two piece trigger group but will cause drop in units to be too tight in many cases.

I did ultimately get the trigger installed by doing some interesting tricks, not sure if I'll ever get it out again without destroying the lower.

No more Aero Precision for me. I have two Spike's lowers I also put these POF drop ins into and I never had problems with either of them.
    Interesting. The only machine drawings I have found are these http://www.firearmfiles.com/files/AR...%20Drawing.pdf To the best of my calipers (and mine) ability I have just measured 6 newly purchased lowers directly from Aero (I'm an FFL). I cannot find where you are talking about the radius in question.

The only issue I have found is a centering issue on the forging. I have also found this on lowers from D.D., BCM and Colt, so I don't consider it much of an issue.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanford02 View Post
    What's the other WA company that disappointed you?
    Rainier Arms. Lets hope it's the last.

Feedback Score
    I've got one of their mounts. Pretty clean

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BallJ View Post
    Rainier Arms. Lets hope it's the last.
    May I ask what the problem was?
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sure, send me a PM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BallJ View Post
    Sure, send me a PM.
    Done....
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I won't be buying anything from them anytime soon. I really liked their receiver sets when that was all that they made. I've built at least two 5.56 upper/lowers combo's and one M5 receiver set. They make good receiver sets, but everything else is left to be desired. I told a friend to look into a brand new OEM rifle from AP, and I spent a good 30 minutes replacing things that should have never left the factory. They don't dimple their barrels, even when they know people will be using a low pro gas block that they supply with the rifle. On their 5.56 bolt carrier groups they don't include a rubber insert in the extractor spring.

Just too many short cuts and not enough support to take care of customers when they have issues. You can do a search on this forum and find plenty of results. I think they are trying to expand their operation quickly and sacrificing quality and service. I think they really need to focus on the basics of building things right. Just my 2 cents. I would be willing to give them a second chance if they can get their stuff together.
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast