Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ 1911 .45 ACP

Feedback Score
    You are correct that they weren't stocking any extra parts. I had a defective thumb safety on mine, but instead of replacing it they merely tried to repair it by peening the over-fitted sear contact surface. Since they wouldn't replace it I tried to contact them about buying one instead, but was told they had no spares on hand and didn't know if or when they'd receive any more components. I was told to contact DW since they were actually the ones making the parts, but then DW told me to contact CZ again since they were the ones responsible for support on their own product. So yes everything you said is true, from the lack of repair support to the old "don't bother us, bother them" run-around.

The good news is the pistol itself is sound, and as long as you get one without issues or else don't mind fixing it on your own (I'm now on the hunt for a new safety that matches the old one) they are great guns for the price. I couldn't care less about future collectability, and mine is fired a lot as well as carried since it's 100% reliable with everything I've run through it.
    Last edited by dsk; 05-05-16 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    Wilson Combat makes an old style bullet proof TS. Harrison Design makes really really nice ones too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    dsk, CDNN Sports lists a GI thumb safety for the currently made Remington 1911. Price is $9.99. It's advertised to fit most 1911's. When you pull up CDNN, put Remington 1911 thumb safety in the search box. Otherwise, you may be browsing for a while. Numrich Arms lists a 1911A1 safety for around $20. Numrich either ships free or charges a dollar to ship, and they're nice to deal with.

By the way, I got my info on the CZ 1911 and their terrible customer service from a long series that you wrote on the 1911 forum. About the original CZ safety, why didn't you weld it up and recut?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12