Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA's 9mm AR that takes Glock mags (yes or no?)

Feedback Score

PSA's 9mm AR that takes Glock mags (yes or no?)

Anyone actually own or shoot one of the Palmetto State Armory Glock mag AR's?

This one:
    PSA 9mm Billet Complete Classic Lower - uses Glock®-style magazines

The lower runs about 250 and an upper minus optics, is about 400. So for 650 plus optic cost....you have a 9mm AR that takes Glock 19 and 17 mags. Great idea versus the more expensive 9mm ARs with their expensive and iffy working mags.

Since I am heavily invested in the G17 and G19, this is very attractive. It also looks less flimsy than the Kel Tec Sub 2000 rifles that also take Glock mags. The other 9mm carbine/rifle option is a Beretta CX4 but that also runs around 600 and it does not take Glock 9mm mags or feel like my ARs, so it is out of the running, like the Sub 2000.

My other 9mm carbine options are crazy expensive: an HK MP-5 or an Uzi.

I have gobs of Glock 9mm mags as well as an extra Primary Arms replica of the Aimpoint Micro that would work well on such a beast.

Any input by those that have one would be appreciated. This would be mainly a plinker or if reliable enough, a back up HD rifle

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have no experience with the lower, but I had a palmetto 9mm upper on a QC10 lower that worked fine. It is one of the guns I regret selling. I had a Troy forend on it and shot about 500 rounds through it before selling it. My intention was to have an AR that shot cheaper ammo (I load 9mm, so <$100/k), yet have a more realistic recoil than a .22 lr. If you are getting it as a range gun, I think it's a great option for a training gun.

Feedback Score
    Well I spent some time looking around and my options for an inexpensive 9mm carbine that is of decent quality are thin.

A Colt 9mm AR is well over a grand and mags are expensive and not easy to find. Some have modded Uzi mags (that still run 30-35 bucks a pop) but that hits me as iffy.

The Beretta CX4 is handy but costs the same as the PSA/Glock mag AR and the CX4 has funky plastic internals and does not have a similar manual of arms as my ARs. It also will not take all of my 9mm Glock mags and I don't own a 92 Beretta, either. Not interested.

The Hi-Point and Kel Tec Sub 2000 options? Toys and cheaply made very iffy items. Again...not interested.

They make a 9mm Thompson, but it is big, heavy and not exactly cheap. Pass.

Century has some Uzi clones but I once owned a Century FAL clone and a Century CETME clone. Pass....I don't need weapons for malfunction drills! LOL

A real HK MP-5 semi auto is several grand. The clones look cool but have iffy reviews and run as much or more than the PSA carbines. One more pass!!

So yeah, the PSA option really seems like my best option. I am going to do some more research on them but so far...they seem GTG.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm of the same school of thought as you, Brickboy... I want a couple 9mm ARs to train with when 5.56mm isn't the best choice, same manual of arms, uses the same mags as my secondary.

My issue with most of the 9mm Glock ARs on the market is the lack of a LRBHO. Supposedly New Frontier Armory's proprietary upper addresses this well... but it's been outta stock fo-eva.
    Instructions: Remain calm.

Feedback Score
    Yeah that was my train of thought. The 9mm AR would be for training.

Cheaper to shoot that my two Colt ARs.

Funny thing is that many years ago, I bought a S&W M&P 15-22, thinking THAT would be my training tool. Set it up with Magpul furniture and a Primary Arms Aimpoint knock off. Made the damn thing as close to my Colt 5.56 ARs as possible.

Then the Obama election and Sandy Hook happened and 22LR ammo got scarce! LOL

My thinking is that if the PSA Glock mag AR is reliable, then I have two choices in training rifles - the 22LR and one in 9mm that takes mags I already have.

Feedback Score
    I have one friend who says the PSA Glock 9mms are ok, and one who says stay away. Both are what I consider guys who know their guns. I shot one of their 9mm ARs, a Colt, and it was great, but I have a couple of Glock mags (Never owned a Glock, or wanted to) already. What would really be great is if someone made a 9mm AR that took Beretta 92 mags, like my SUB2000 does. I have like 15 mags and it would be nice if I didn't have to start collecting any new ones.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Keep this up to date please, soon I'll be in the same place looking for a 9mm carbine, probably to SBR at some point. From the reading I've done Lone Wolf usually gets the nod on 9mm lowers but they a little more pricey, probably for a reason though.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hemiram View Post
    I have one friend who says the PSA Glock 9mms are ok, and one who says stay away. Both are what I consider guys who know their guns. I shot one of their 9mm ARs, a Colt, and it was great, but I have a couple of Glock mags (Never owned a Glock, or wanted to) already. What would really be great is if someone made a 9mm AR that took Beretta 92 mags, like my SUB2000 does. I have like 15 mags and it would be nice if I didn't have to start collecting any new ones.
    Wilson Combat AR9 will take a M9 mag, I have not seen one in person.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Well I spent some time looking around and my options for an inexpensive 9mm carbine that is of decent quality are thin.

A Colt 9mm AR is well over a grand and mags are expensive and not easy to find. Some have modded Uzi mags (that still run 30-35 bucks a pop) but that hits me as iffy.
    These PSA marked Metalform 9mm magazines are good to go at $19.99 I bought a CMMG 9mm stripped lower, it works well.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-9...-magazine.html
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if the PSA 9mm lower will work with one of their older 9MM uppers? I bought one of their 9mm kits a year or so ago (that takes the magwell insert) and am wanting to get the 9mm dedicated lower, but only if I can use my current PSA 9mm upper. I'm pretty sure the upper kit I bought from PSA is NOT one of their new hybrid 9mm uppers they are marketing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast