Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSA's 9mm AR that takes Glock mags (yes or no?)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wabashman View Post
    Does anyone know if the PSA 9mm lower will work with one of their older 9MM uppers? I bought one of their 9mm kits a year or so ago (that takes the magwell insert) and am wanting to get the 9mm dedicated lower, but only if I can use my current PSA 9mm upper. I'm pretty sure the upper kit I bought from PSA is NOT one of their new hybrid 9mm uppers they are marketing.
    I am pretty sure their hybrid upper is just a "hybrid" 9mm BCG that has the Glock cut for use with Glock lowers. So I doubt your old 9mm upper would work with a Glock lower but likely it would with a Colt.

Feedback Score
    That's what I was thinking. Just a BCG change which in that case, I could easily just get the BCG itself, or throw the current BCG into the mill and do the cuts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have one and also a colt 9mm. I really like the PSA because of the Glock magazines. So far it is running well but I only have about 200 rounds through it. I ran it with Glock, Magpul and ETS magazines and all functioned fine.

Feedback Score
    Cool...that is good to know.

There are other AR styled 9mm carbines but most run well over a grand.

i have heard good things about PSA's ARs but don't know anyone personally, that has one. Both of my ARs are Colts.

I also noticed that PSA sells ones that take the Colt 9mm stick mags. Are those reliable? I have always heard differing storieson the reliability of those ARs but no personal experiences.
    Last edited by brickboy240; 04-28-16 at 11:18.

Feedback Score
    I just ordered one of the blem lowers with Magpul stock for $199, including shipping. Great deal, and according to reviews, is good to go.

Feedback Score
    Yep for around 650 bucks or so (minus optic) this looks like the best option for a semi-serious 9mm carbine.

Everything else is either too pricey (real Uzis or MP-5s)

Too iffy (Century Uzi and MP-5 copies)

Nostalgic and not practical (the Thompsons and M3 grease gun copies)

Cheap and not meant for hard use (Kel TecSub-2000 and Hi-Point)

Even a Colt 9mm AR is going to start at around a grand and then you have the mag issue (mags not easy to find and not compatible with your Glock 9mm)

Yeah...the PSA Glock 9mm AR seems GTG.

Will be ordering one pretty soon.

Feedback Score
    Threw on a Primary Arms red dot and some leftover AR bits and viola! Mine has run well with factory Glock mags and Pmags. Eats everything I've put in it.

Feedback Score
    I just went with the PSA Freedom 16" upper w/ 15" keymod and their new Colt style mag Classic lower. Went Colt style over Glock mainly because that's what everyone I shoot with is running. I threw on a Sparc II and looking forward to trying it out this weekend in a club steel match.
    PSA 9mm Colt with Vortex Sparc II.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/137650...57668104418166
    Last edited by Boris; 05-10-16 at 21:02. Reason: updated photo

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I just got a complete upper from palmetto, as well as one of each of the colt and glock lowers. I like the glock lower for the loads of mags that I already have, but I really wanted a bolt hold open, so I'm going to give the colt lower a try as well, with a couple of the palmetto mags. I'll put some rounds downrange as soon as they show up, and see how they work.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a PSA 9mm AR Pistol, It is a great entry Level 9mm, Mine has the Glock Mag lower, I have a little over 200rds through it, Functions fine, No failures to feed or eject, Primarily using 124 and 147gr Ammunition, using both Glock and ETS Magazines. Appears to be made with quality parts, Fun to shoot.

Made a few changes:

Umbrella Grip
    Shockwave Blade
    KAK Dimpled Buffer tube

Also added Primary Arms FGBII Red Dot w/ Mount

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast