Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Forged In Fire" Show

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

"Forged In Fire" Show

For the blacksmiths, bladesmiths and people in the know;

How accurate is the show? Are the experts legit?

My knowledge stops beyond running a wire welder or torch so I find the show interesting.

I always watch skeptically though knowing how these style shows think padding in garbage makes it better.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Doug Marcaida is a legitimate Filipino Martial Arts expert. He has studied multiple systems that are legit, and has combined them to make his own style, which he refers to as Marcaida Kali. I personally think that some of what he does is overly complex and flowery, but based upon my very limited interactions with him online, he seems like a pretty decent guy, and again, his skills are certainly legitimate.
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Personally I could do with less host and less of Doug saying, "Et will Kell".
    That being said, I do enjoy the show, along with Iron and Fire, because it's one of the few where they actually do something. Some of the contestants are very good blade smiths and I swear some are only filler.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

Feedback Score
    I enjoy the show. When Wil Willis is involved with one, I usually give it a shot as I've enjoyed his others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbain99 View Post
    We are in agreement there. I actually don't watch the show much. There are a ton of vids on YT of smiths that I enjoy far more.
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't watch youtube like I guess others do, is there anyone or any vides you particularly recommend ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbain99 View Post
    That being said, I do enjoy the show, along with Iron and Fire, because it's one of the few where they actually do something. Some of the contestants are very good blade smiths and I swear some are only filler.

That's what I like about those type of shows. Faceoff, skinwars and Ink Master amaze me because those people are artists. Heck I even like Project Runway now and then when there is nothing else on because they actually have to create something.

Feedback Score
    Every time I spfinish an episode I start planning out a makeshift forge in my garage because I really would love to try my hand at just making a simple knives one day.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssracer View Post
    Every time I spfinish an episode I start planning out a makeshift forge in my garage because I really would love to try my hand at just making a simple knives one day.
    I hear that.

I'm a self proclaimed Master Tinker'er and I've been looking at my shop vac and an old grill differently lately.

Feedback Score
    I've been watching Iron & Fire lately. It's a "reality" show but not like the others. It's kinda light on the actual making process but traditional guns and knives are cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast